є ι g н т є є и

Start from the beginning

"Yeah but there are two mortals in the car as well moron," I screeched, my butt literally lifting off of the seat as we drove over a tree stump.

"Well make sure he stays safe, that's who matters anyway," he whispered that last part.

"I heard you, you dick," I spat, my uncomfortableness subsiding and turning into anger. He's had an attitude since I first started asking questions.

"Stop being an asshole," Columbus scolded, hitting Trey's arm. I decided to ignore Trey; his attitude reflects his character, telling me I don't want to be around him any longer than need be.

I fell asleep after getting used to his crazy driving, and we made it to the pack gates. We drove up to a toll booth, someone sitting inside.

"Name?" a guy who looked about forty years old said as he looked at a clipboard.

"Munsa, party of five," Trey said.

"This paper says three. I can't let you in," the man said, keeping the gates closed.

"Allow me," Columbus said, getting out of the car and walking up to the window.

"You will let us in, right now," he smiled, looking deep into the man's eyes.

"Let them in," the man spoke monotonously, opening the gate.

Columbus got back into the car, his face showing how proud of himself he was.

"How'd you do that?" I asked, amazed at what he'd just done.

"Are you ever not asking a question?" Trey groaned, earning a punch from Columbus.

"It's my dexterity. I have incredible persuasive power as well as seduction," he winked at me, turning back around in his seat.

"Before you even ask, my dexterity is great physical strength. I'm really strong yada yada yada," Trey sighed as we drove deeper into the pack's community. There were little shops and homes everywhere, like their own gated city. I stared out the window in awe at everything we passed.

"So what are you?" Judith asked, catching me completely off guard.

"I, uh... I'm a werewolf? It's complicated," I sighed, looking back out of the window.

"What's complicated about it? You are what you are," Trey spoke, making a left turn.

"I only found out about a week ago," I whispered, but everyone heard as Trey slammed on the brakes.

"What?" they all yelled, waking Jude.

"It's complicated," I yelled back, not wanting to talk about it.

"So you've never shifted before?"

"How do you go your whole life without knowing?"

"How'd you find out?"

All of their questions were coming at me all at once, making me feel overwhelmed.

"Wait guys, stop. We're frightening her," Judith said, calming them down. I'm going to need her to chill out with her powers too; she can't tell everybody how I'm feeling all of the time. It shows my weaknesses.

"Sorry," they all apologized in unison. Trey started driving again, stealing glances at me through the rear-view mirror. We pulled up to a large mansion that had another gate surrounding it and what looked like a stone door.

"Alpha Strom is not expecting any visitors," the woman spoke, looking through her clipboard of papers.

"We know Emily, but this is an emergency," Trey said, giving her a 'look'. She nodded her head in recognition of the 'look' and let us in, but not after saying, "I'll kill you if I lose my job."