For A Reason / Forty - Six

Start from the beginning

She would get annoyed - obviously - but doesn't show it (but I know she is) when I kept walking in and out of her office after giving her reasons on how I need to go, how it's like a reason for me to go outside and so on but the deal was off when news about death eaters have broken out of Azkaban.

Great timing.

"Now I have to work at The Ministry?" mother shouts from her office while I was sitting in the living room, reading.

My hair turns white at the tone of her voice. I quickly shut my book and put in on the table before I tiptoe to her office and listen at the doorway to her mumble words after words. I peek in to see that she was walking around the room with a purple paper in hand as she reads it.

"We have been confirmed that ten high-security prisoners, in the early hours of yesterday evening, did escape." she stops in her tracks as a hand flew to her mouth, "Due to the breakage of Azkaban - former Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange, The Lestrange brothers, Rodolphus Lestrange and Rabastan Lestrange, Warre..." she gasped at a name before trailing off to read more, "...soners - Emma Venus, you are required to take place back in your former position as an Auror." her voice getting smaller as her hand closes her mouth and stares ahead.

Auror? She's an Auror?!

"Mum," she jumps at the sound of my voice, "is everything alright?" I walk into the room to her and she hugs me.

"No, darling," her voice cracks as she speaks, "I have to get back to work at the Ministry. Back at as an Auror." she looks at me, "It's a full time job." 

"It's okay, mum." I smile encouragingly, "I'm fine just staying at home. I don't have anywhere to go-"

"No, I'm not taking the job back, darling." she cuts me off, shaking her head as she did, "I left it for a reason and I'm not going back unless it's extremely important. I'm not leaving you alone at home. It's not safe."

I don't know why it terrifies her so much to take back the job, and I can't read her mind either. She has been doing something to block it for me to read and I won't even bother to invade it.

~~~~~~~~~

Another week has past and things have just gotten worse and worse. Everything was all over the newspapers and TV news. Muggles has been brutally murdered in their own homes, the wand maker I got my wand from has also been kidnapped, mother was still forced to take the job and even after receiving tons and tons of letters from The Ministry, she still ignored and refused to take it back.

I also owled George that I won't be able to come and visit anymore which he understands and told me it's okay and not to owl him unless I reckon it's necessary. Since our owls can be tracked by the Death Eaters and they would find a way to also kill us. 

I hope his whole family is safe and well. I'm worry about Pansy and Daphne too cause they haven't respond back to my letter since last two weeks. I hope Draco is doing okay too. I haven't gotten touch with him ever since I left the station and since he never owl me, I don't need to owl him either.

"Mother!" I call out as I stand up from the sofa.

I was watching news on the TV about more Muggle families were found dead, yet again in their homes when all of the sudden, an eagle owl came flying through the window with a red envelope in its beak. It drop the envelope from its beak (which I caught it mid-air), and turn gracefully then zoomed out of the same window that it came in.