Being Genuine / Thirty - Three

After we were all settle down on the couch while waiting people to get out and calm down our breathing and thoughts, I instantly whisper into Hela's ear about what she heard more. She just told me that was it and she didn't know anything more than that.

"So..." Hela clears her throat softly, breaking the silence in the room, "What happened to you as a child, Theo?" she, once again softly asks, "It's okay if you're not ready to talk about it. I understand." she reassures.

"It's..." he trails off, his head in his hands as he take in a sharp breath while Greengrass sits on the arm of the couch he's sitting in and stroke his back, "It's complicated." he sighs.

"I'm very sorry that I ask you that, Theo." Hela apologize, raking her fingers through her hair in frustration, "I didn't mean to triggered any bad memories of yours... I'm so sorry." she whimpers as her eyes waters.

"No- no, it's alright. I- I wasn't just..." he trails off again, burying his hands in his hair before looking back up, "wasn't expecting that type of question."

Silence.

"It's called the dark mark." Theo speaks suddenly after a while and everyone looks at him in reflex, "Only people who are death eaters or the followers of You-Know-Who have one of those." he looks up at me before putting his attention on Hela.

"Dark Mark? Death-? You-Know-Who?" Hela questions, "Wha- what are those?"

Everyone heads including mine jerk towards her in dumbstruck at words she said. We were all too stunned to speak with our mouth hanging open.

"You-" I straighten my back as I was leaning on the heaviness of couch, "You don't know any of them?" I question and she shakes her head in response, "Not even one?" she shakes her head again. 

"What?!"  everyone gasp.

"Well in my defense, I was raised in a muggle world and my mother never really talk much about the wizarding world, you know her life as a witch... cause of my father," she explains as she folds her hand onto her chest, "He's a muggle-born and with that he don't really believe much in magic," she sighs in disappointment, laying back on the couch, "I mean that's what mum said to me when I asked her about him..." she trails off, looking hurt and disappointed. 

"And uh.. when- when he found out that mum was a witch, he uh.." she stutters, trying to find the word, "fr- freaked out and wasn't fond of it, so he left us... the very next day." she looks down to her feet to hid the tears, "And I was only 8 years old at that time so I didn't understand it until now." she exhales as she bites on her nails.

Her habit when she's under stress or anxiety.

"Oh." was the only word that came out of my mouth.

"Yeah.. it's complicated." she chuckles nervously as she looks up, her hair turning sliver for a moment, "She only told me about her life after he left and I'm pretty sure she must've left out a lot of it too. But what is You-Know-Who tho?" she asks, "Is it like a person or...?"

"It is a person, but a very powerful one." I explained before looking between Blaise and Theo, folding my arms as I did, "We call him-"

"Him?"

"Him." I nod, looking at her when she looks back, "We call him Lord Voldemort or The Dark Lord is what his followers call him. No one is that daring enough to say his actual name, expect for Dumbledore." I look at Theo who had his head hanging down, looking at the ground not saying anything or having any reaction.

"He was a very powerful dark wizard but he was wiped out by a boy named..." I hesitate, thinking if I should say it, "Harry Potter, the boy who lived." I end with a roll of my eyes.