Avoiding Me / Fourteen

DRACO'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was talking to one of the Durmstrang students about the tournament until their friends called him. I felt someone sat behind me but I didn't give much attention to it as I was staring at the goblet that was in the middle of the hall.

I heard them behind me gasp.

"It's The Goblet of Fire."

"Yep." I cheer, "The Durmstrang lots already put their names last night." I add as I turned to see who I'm talking to and see Hela.

My smile faded.

"Oh it's you." I scoff as I looked at her up and down to see her wearing painted? jeans?... that I have never in my life seen before.

She looks.... unique? What like 'nice?', I would say.

"Of course, it's me. Got a problem?" she hisses back, her hair turning red now.

"Not really." I say, smirking.

I love ruining people's mornings.

"The others houses really do hates us, don't they?" she suddenly speaks cutting us off silent.

"Yeah, they do," Parkinson admits, "But why now you ask suddenly?" she turns around to face her.

"I known that since I was a kid but they're really wishing that none of us would be chosen as one of the champions." Hela explains, "Especially the Gryffindors." she chuckles slightly as she points at their table before turning back to the group.

"How do you know that?" Blaise asks.

"People talk, Zabini and I have been listening." she expresses, "They do speak their thoughts quite out loud." she smiles while our faces grew confused as we all looked at each other but shrug it off.

She turned back around and started talking to Parkinson about something.

But they were both cut off by someone as they turn around. I also look up to see who it was.

Marie Swan Moon. What does she want?

I was just about to ignore them until she said the word "cousin".

Cousin?

I slightly tilt my head to listen into their conversation. They were talking about how they have seen each other as kids but never really got to meet each other and suddenly Hela got all flustered and uncomfortable with the conversation when it comes to her father.

What happened to her father? Did he die?

Moon finally left when Diggory dragged her out of the hall with him.

Freaks so in love with each other, it's disgusting.

While Parkinson and her recall what just happened, I think about how a half-vampire witch like Moon and a half-blood witch like Hela can be cousins.

This is very intriguing.

As they were talking about Moon and Diggory, I chime in with them.

"Both of them are freaks if you ask me." I scoffs as I drink my tea, "Didn't like them ever since."

I knew that it would triggers Hela when I say anything about anyone who she's friends with or her.

She slowly turns around and stares dead into my eyes.

"But did I ask you?" she asks as her hair turning red again, "Did anyone ask you?" she pushes me lightly on the shoulder as she gets up, "Call them OR her a freak, I'll rip out your bleached hair." she threatens.

BLEACHED HAIR?!

And with that she left the hall but turns around again.

"And that also goes go to all of you too. DON'T call them freaks behind my back or in front of me." and with one look at me, she left the hall.

"Damn, she's very sensitive." Blaise chuckles, getting a hit on his head with the daily prophet by Parkinson.

"Shut up!" she hisses as she looks out the entrance that Hela just left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an exhausting day of books and parchments up in my face, I finally got to rest. I have nothing to do before going to the Halloween feast so I went to the common room to lay down for a bit for some peace and quiet. But it was broken by my own thoughts.

It was thoughts about Hela.

She pushed me this morning and I realized that it was the first contact that we have ever made in this two months of her here.

The other girls including Parkinson were all dying to hold my hands or play with my hair since we've met or when I came here but Hela, she never once touched me since she came here.

It sounds quite creepy to say the word "touch" when it's all just a push on the shoulder. It just doesn't fit with it.

Parkinson changed quit a lot this year too. She doesn't talk much or hang out with me much like she used to. She's letting her hair grow and now wears more clothes that makes her, her. She used to be the girl that was always finding a way to rub her skin against me.

Did she became mature? Enough about her. Enough about anyone. I need rest.

But Hela..

She's different. She rather hang out with the Gryffindors or Lovegood rather than us. She's most of the time alone in the library or near the black lake. I'm not saying she's not like other girls but she rather just be alone than overwhelmed herself with people. I mean she might be just avoiding me.

She does hang out with Parkinson, Greengrass and others a lot to be honest now that I have notice.

Yeah, she's just avoiding me.

I sigh as I lay back down on the couch and rest my eyes close. I just let my thoughts wander around my mind and try not to think too much. Maybe a while later, I fell asleep.

I was being woken up suddenly to someone shaking me. It was Blaise telling me that it was time to go to the feast. I look around the common room to see that most of the people are gone and some are packing things in a rush before getting out the common room.

I follow Blaise out of the room, rubbing my eyes as I did to the hall as he talks about the cup. I now remember that today's the day the cup is gonna choose the names.

"This is gonna be so exciting." I say to Blaise while he talks about the tournament.

~~~~~~~~~~~

i just want to make it a bit long that's why i added this

vote/comment/share <3