A Friendship Was Born / Seventeen

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I immediately left the hall after I ate my breakfast so I can catch up with Marie since she told me to meet up with her in the courtyard.

All these badges are not doing anything good for Harry or Ron in this situation and he is nowhere to be found.

I instantly saw Marie in the courtyard, talking to Cedric when I walk up to them.

"Hey, Marie." I smile as I sit down next to her, "Cedric." I nod at him as a greeting which he nods back in response.

"Hey." she sighs, returning my smile, "I really wanted to talk to you about something, something important." she eyes our surrounding, "In private."

She turns around to Cedric and says her goodbye and to meet her later at lunch who understandingly agreed and pecked her on the lips one last time before we both got up and leave.

Damn, love.

"You guys really love each other, don't you." as I looked and waved back at Cedric who was waving at us before getting up and walking into entrance near him.

Marie suddenly turned flustered, red in the face, trying to hide her face as she looks back at him one last time before he disappears into the dark as she grins widely.

"Yeah, you can say that." she giggles, shrugging, "I mean we have been dating for about three years now so I guess we are but we haven't said it yet." she hugs herself across her chest.

"He's not ready yet?" I ask as we both walk into the corridors of a hall that leads to the other courtyard.

"I reckon we don't want to rush it so we're taking our time but..." she draws in a long breathe, "I'm ready, ready as I can ever be..." she twirls her rings around her finger as she exhales the breath she was holding.

I smile heartily at her words of nervousness.

"To tell him that I love him but I want to make it perfect where no one would interrupt or do anything stupid or distract both of us." she explains, "It's quite a big deal for me since he is the first person in my life that I have ever loved," she grins widely while blood rushes up to her cheeks again as she picks lint from her sleeve of her cardigan, "other than my family, of course but ya know, it's different."

"He's like my soulmate."

"He's like your soulmate."

Our eyes gone wide with what we just did but laughs instantly as we bump each other at each other shoulder but it was stopped by someone's obnoxiously loud voice as soon as we step out to the courtyard.

That voice which was so painfully familiar to me.

Malfoy's.

Marie looks back at me as she says...

"Malfoy."

In my head?! She can do that? We can do that?

That actually put my body into shock which make her laugh instantly knowing that I didn't knew we both can do the same thing.

"...last ten minutes in this tournament." he voice getting louder as we walk over to what was happening or who he was talking to.

It won't be other than... of course, Harry.

I accidently made eye contact with him while me and Marie walk across the courtyard to where the other people were and we met again with Cedric and more of his other friends.

"He disagrees." he stops, "He thinks you won't last five." he laughs as Crabbe, Goyle and Marcus joins him.

"I don't give a damn about what your father thinks, Malfoy." Harry walks into Malfoy with force, almost knocking Malfoy down, "He's vile and cruel. And you're just pathetic." he spats as he walk away.

"Pathetic?! I'll show you pathetic." Malfoy repeats as he takes out his wand but stopped by someone suddenly bursting out of an entrance to the courtyard.

"NO YOU DON'T, SONNY!"

It was Mad Eye Moody.

Everything flashes before my eyes.

A white ferret was replaced in the spot where Malfoy was just standing.

My eyes widen as Professor Moody picks up the ferret with his wand, waving it in the air. Students laughs and giggles while I tell him to stop as the ferret squeals loudly in pain.

"What are you doing?!" I shout, out of the blue at the Professor but he wasn't listening. He was enjoying it too much.

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" I shout at him again in horror, looking at the ferret that went into Crabbe's pants which he tries to shake it out.

Goyle attempts to take it out but his hand got bitten.

"Professor! Please, stop it!" I shout again, my hair turning white as Professor McGonagall came running down the field.

"What- what are you doing?" she asks Professor Moody, a bit of panic in her voice, "Is that a student?!" she asks loudly.

"Technically it's a ferret!" he grumbles, still waving up in the air.

"We don't use transfiguration on students as a punishment, Alastor!" she barks, waving her wand at the ferret, which turns back into Malfoy.

He has some cuts and bruises on his face and holes ripped on his clothes. I run to him, wrapping my arm around his waist, carrying him.

"My father will hear about this!" he spats at the Professor as we walk out of the scene while Professor McGonagall keeps scolding at Professor Moody. We quickly run up to the school as Professor Moody starts to chase us.

"Is that a threat?! IS THAT A THREAT?!" he roars, about to grab Malfoy but was stopped by Professor McGonagall before he can even get a whole of his turtleneck.

"Are you alright?" I ask as I examine his face while walking into the hospital wing, "I'll go get Madam Pomfrey, okay? Stay still." I add, making him sits on the bed.

"Okay." he exhales lightly as I walk away to find Madam Pomfrey who was checking on another student who have boils on his face.

What the bloody hell did you just do? Carrying him to the hospital wing and asking if he's okay? Are you out of your mind?!!

I came back with Madam Pomfrey as she lightly checks his face, asking him what happened.

I answered before he had a chance, telling her the story about what happened, knowing that he will tell the story more dramatically than it happened.

She was done with him within seconds, his face look good as new as well his clothes too.

We both walk out of the hospital wing, him touching his face, asking me if he looks normal. I chuckle, answering his question.

"She already showed your face in the mirror, Malfoy." I recall. "It's fine, calm down." I say, covering my mouth as I laugh from his mini panic.

"Thanks." he mutters quietly that only himself can hear.

I look at him confused, asking what he just said even though I heard it very clearly. I just only want to embarrassed him and to see his face flushed red.

"I said 'Thank you.'!" he responses more loudly this time, not looking at my face but I can see that he's red in the face, very red.

"Didn't catch that, sorry." I say, getting near him as I try hard not to laugh at his shyness of saying thank you.

He pushes me lightly as we both chuckle heartily.

"What are friends for?" I state casually, walking outside onto the school grounds with him beside me. I caught a glimpse of his face, smiling before he turns away quickly.

And that's when a friendship was born between him and me- or so I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vote/comment/share <3