This Will Be Great / Twenty - Two

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mum owled me back yesterday, three days later after I owled her at breakfast saying that she will make the dress in a week for me and I was excited about the ball more than ever.

But Blimey, it took her three days to owl me back.

What is she doing? Well, I don't care. She's not gonna tell me either.

Boys and girls are all being asked, already been taken by the partners. I watch as some boys and girls nervously and some with confidence asks the girls or boys of their choice while they blush and smiles ears to ears. 

Oh, to be young and feel such love.

While I watch everything from afar, all I felt was loneliness and emptiness. I always felt love from my mother but not from any other than her but at the same time, a mother love is strong and forever. 

Marie was asked instantly by Cedric, of course, the next day after the professor announced the Yule Ball. I was with her when he did but I walked away, pretending I have things to do and places to go and left her without her even knowing I did.

Some boys from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons has already asked me but I rejected them saying that someone has already asked me but I was only waiting for that one person to do it.

Draco.

I mean he has been practically all over and nice to me so I don't think the other way. I just hope those nice gestures are not just total acts but genuine.

Am I that easy to lure? Just for a dick? Eww.

I look up at him sitting across me talking to Theo, more like discussing. He was so into whatever they're discussing about something so important. 

I'm not in the mood to read anyone's mind today. I was too tired from the lack of sleep I had last night. I was very excited when I got the letter and with all the excitement, I couldn't sleep. 

I imagine how the dress will look like in every different way as possible, what shoes I'm going to pair with it and what makeup to do to match it.

But eventually, I finally fell asleep at 3 am. 

I sigh softly before I start eating breakfast, making energy for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a free period this morning so I head to the library to check more about Transfiguration since I have homework that is due today but I'm not done yet.

I sat down at the quietest spot in the library before I start doing my homework. 

As I was reading and taking notes, I felt someone sit next to me who sounds like they were out of breath, indicating their heavy breathing. They clear their throat but I still didn't look up. 

It was a boy and I know who it was.

He cleared his throat again, more loudly but this time I gave in, not wanting any shushes from Madam Pince and looked at him.

It was Draco. 

Why does he always wants to annoy me whenever I'm studying?!

"May I help you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, "I'm studying." I roll my eyes as I turn back to my notebook, continue writing.

"Yeah I can see that. I have eyes." he mutters under his breath, "And-"

He tuts.

"Could you please acknowledge me while I speak, please?" he sighs, making me turn.