𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒 | 𝑊ℎ𝑦 ℎ𝑖𝑚?

Начните с самого начала

Ares glanced at the pizza he was holding, then back to my mom, "Yeah, looks like it, but I don't celebrate Thanksgiving that much, so this little thing is enough for me."

My mother looked amazed. It's different because, for her, thanksgiving is a big celebration. She likes that we all get together as a family and celebrate. She always thinks that it's just this one day that we have to spend time on, and that's why she likes to celebrate that much.

But it may also become one because of my father, he loved thanksgiving. We always ate with Quinn's and Dylan's family, the adults always talked and laughed, we kids played around together, after that we all just sat in front of the TV and watched a hockey match.

The yelling of the men could be heard throughout the house, and the women rolled their eyes. Thanksgiving is truly one of the best days I've ever spent with my dad, which is why I miss him the most right now.

"If your parents don't celebrate it, you can come over to us." she looked horrified as I whispered to her "Mom stop." instead I got a death glare.

"No, it's fine." "You know, we have a huge tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving together. And if your parents really don't mind, I'd like you to come." again I mumbled to my mother that he already said no.

But as punishment, she put her arm over my shoulder, pulled me close, and said, "Everyone's welcome, isn't it Aurora?" I inherited it from my mother who gave me a stern look to Ares, who just wanted to laugh. I'll kill him

With a half-open mouth and a weird mumble, I whispered a yes, "What? I guess I misunderstood it." I closed my eyes and said yes, loud and clear. I saw that Ares just wanted to laugh. He enjoys the fact that I can't say anything because of my mother. The problem is simply my mother wants me to treat people with every respect.

"I'll ask my parents." Ares finally walked away from me and my mother. "Was that really needed, mom?"

We're also starting to walk while my mom is pushing the cart, and we're on our way to the cash register." I taught you to treat people with the utmost respect and kindness, so yes it was necessary."

Maybe my mom wanted to be nice because Ares doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving the way we do. Or maybe it may be that she really wants to celebrate Thanksgiving with everyone, but the problem is that I really have to imagine Ares sitting at the table and being with us, it just annoys me.

This guy is everywhere I go: Halloween, parties, school, even when I'm sick, or going to the movies with Max, and now I'm even supposed to celebrate thanksgiving with him? God, please spare me.

---

We were already preparing the food. It really wasn't much because Quinn's and Dylan's families are taking something with them. But I think less than Ares will take something with him. I was in the bathroom and made my ponytail again since mine was too loose, then I washed my hands and walked down the stairs.

Max and Theo made our all-too-familiar table bigger by unfolding it and setting it.

The doorbell rings and my mother is cleaning the kitchen after the turkey is already in the oven. "Aurora darling, please open the door." I nodded and headed for the door as Quinn and her entire family stood in front of it.

But when I look probably, I don't see her big brother Joshua. "Hello, Aurora. How are you?" Quinn's mother gave Quinn her tom yam that she takes with her every year and pulled me tightly to her.

"Have you grown up." She strokes my back. "Thank you, I'm fine, and you?" "Excellent." Araya pulls away slightly and looks at me, her hands on my face. "Your father would be proud. Don't forget, he's looking down at us on his favorite day and celebrating with us." I nodded with a gentle smile.