Chapter 49

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE 

Side Note: I did upload another chapter before this one. Please read it first. 

********************************

The test expedition was over and all of the survey corps were heading back to camp. Walking through the towns as always and letting soldiers wave towards their friends and families who patently waited for their return, praying for their safety. 

No deaths were counted for and no soldier was missing. 

Rather a good expedition in everyone eyes even if they didn't go as far out as they normally did for an expedition. They stayed rather close to the walls this time and were barely gone three hours just to help test every soldier. 

Mikasa was of her horse, everyone was and no injured or death door soldiers laid in the carts. No one had gotten hurt. The most anyone got was a few bruises or grazes at worse but that wasn't anything worth being placed in the cart for. 

Mikasa took notice over an old writing pal, Annie standing within the crowd and wearing her Military police uniform rather proudly. Giving a light nod in greeting and Mikasa took the chance to slip over, leaving other soldiers to carry on passing her for a moment as she rarely got to see her writing pal in person due to their day's off and duties never lining up. 

The two women started to do a quick catch up and admitting how nice it was to see the other in person instead of paper full of words. Annie seemed to have been down for work when the Survey Corps had returned and decided she'd stand to the side and greet her friend before she'd be back to wall Sina again. 

Mikasa passing on how smoothly the expedition had gone but how drained she felt and was completely missing her bed right now. Gaining a pitying look from her writing pal while Mikasa moved to pull her small pony tail down, slipping the hairband over her wrist for now as she wanted to free the breeze a little more. Unknowing that she had flexed while doing so and gained a few wolf whistles in her direction in return. 

"Sorry about that, comes with being seen as attractive it seems. But I'm sure you're already know that" Mikasa frowned as she sent a glare towards the middle aged man a few meters down the line. 

"I don't actually have to deal with harassment. I'm pretty but my spine chilling walls kinda makes others too scared to even say a single compliment about me" Annie smugly admitted as she crossed her arms over her stomach, sending a light glare towards the two men and letting her MP logo on her jacket sleeve be seen by them. 

"You have no idea how lucky you are to have that. I'm always distant but it seems my walls aren't as powerful as yours are" Mikasa grumbled back as she ran a hand through her hair, her other hand resting on her hip for now. 

"It's because we're completely different. I'm pretty but cold. But you, you hold a rare type of beauty. In fact, your coldness makes you even more alluring" Annie pointed out with a light shrug as knew the difference between both her and mikasa in looks without feeling any jealous or bitterness over it. She knew it was different for Mikasa compared to herself. 

"That doesn't make me feel any better" Mikasa groaned back with light annoyance in her eyes as that wouldn't solve her problem at all. 

"Think of it like snow. It's freezing and can kill you but everyone finds it to be one of the most beautiful sights known. And just like snow, everyone can't help but want to touch you or compliment over how gorgeous you are" Annie explained as best as she could since Mikasa had to start seeing herself on a different level if she wanted the easy life. 

"I'm flattered but I wish I was actually snow so I could just kill people without it being seen as murder" Mikasa admitted without any fear over the risk of being arrested by her friend. 

"Don't worry over that bit mikasa. I have a feeling you've got your own snow storm always travelling close behind you to hide those bodies" Annie smirked back as she stares towards Levi whose currently glaring down towards some townsfolk who were betting each other to try and chat Mikasa up.

Mikasa only raising an eyebrow towards her amused friend who tried acting innocent before Mikasa finally risked a glance over her shoulder. She didn't seem anything odd or anything that would gain Annie amusement. She did notice Levi stopping on the other side with his horse, waiting for her and pretending it was due to being a captain but they both knew better than that. 

"I better get back to walking with the rest otherwise I'll clearly have more cleaning duties added to my chores" Mikasa sighed as she turned back towards her friend and feeling Storm pull on his reigns a little, wanting to walk over to Cuppa. 

"See you around, Mikasa. Try not to freeze anyone to death" Annie replied as she stepped back into the crowd a little more to keep out of the way. 

"Can't promise that. It was good seeing you again, Annie" Mikasa shot back, bowing her head repsectfully before joining the rest of her regiment and heading back with them all.