Chapter 51

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*************************************

"Will you be visiting Joe again?" Levi asked as he looked up from where he sat in his favourite chair with a cup of tea in hand. 

"Yes. I never gained the chance to pay him a visit last week" Mikasa replied as she sat down in her own chair and pulling her soaks on. She was dressed in her ankle length black skirt and wearing a blood red shirt that she stole from Eld, a shirt he owned but never wore and planned to throw away until Mikasa claimed it. White socks on her feet and she had an old pair of black, slip on ballet flat shoes. 

"Want me to come with you?" Levi offered as he looked to her over his tea cup as he took a sip. 

"No, you'll be seeing Yan today. I'm sure he'd be rather pleased to see you again. He must get lonely" Mikasa replied softly as she knew he'd planned to visit his old friend today since he couldn't do so yesterday. 

"With how he flirts with his nurse, I doubt that very much" Levi snorted back amused, placing his almost drunken tea back on the table. 

"He still hasn't asked for her hand in marriage?" Mikasa asked surprised, she was certain he'd make a move after all these years of liking her. The nurse would come everyday, staying only a couple hours each and everyday. She'd help with housework and taking him out for a walk and doing health checks over his legs. She's been the same nurse and he was rather friendly with her before finally starting to compliment and flirt a little. 

"Of course he hasn't. He becomes a blushing mess whenever she flirts back with him. He'd never make a move on her, let along ask for marriage" Levi scoffed back as he knew just how awkward and shy Yan could be sometimes. He'd gain himself a wife since he'd always chicken out on making any moves on anyone. 

"Even more meaning for  you to go and see him. Maybe invite him for the lunch on our last day off" Mikasa lightly argued back as she stood up, retying her red scarf to make sure it was tied properly and she wouldn't have to worry over it coming lose while she's out. 

"Lunch?" Levi repeated with a raised eyebrow. 

"You didn't forget! Did you?" Mikasa gasped back in disbelief, placing her hands on her hips and looking like a mother ready to scold her child.

"Can you lecture me after you tell me what I've clearly forgotten, please" Levi sighed as he rolled his eyes and just wanted to know what he's forgotten. 

"The family lunch. Carla will be cooking at home and we'll be joining her. Armin and his grandpa will be joining as well. We'll all be gathered together like one large family and have lunch together before heading back to camp on the last cart" Mikasa answered softly as she was rather excited to go. She knew she ate with her friends, her soldier's family and alone with Levi. But she hasn't ever had the chance to do a big family gathering meal. She was looking towards it and she felt even more giggly as Carla already placed her and Levi as one family to join in the planned lunch. 

"We agreed to go?" Levi asked with judgement in his tone. He didn't do crowds or gatherings and he thought Mikasa was the same. 

"Yes. Carla invited us and there's no way to say no to her. So, invite Yan. He's apart of your family and It'd be nice to finally meet the man in person" Mikasa replied with a faint but true smile. She wanted to meet Levi family, to be accepted by Yan like everyone else has accepted her once she started standing by Levi side. 

"I'll offer him to join us but I can't promise anything. He's an old friend of mine but he doesn't want to get in the way of my second chance. He still feels guiltily over Furlan and Isabel deaths and don't wish to be a burden on me ever again" Levi replied with a soft look, wanting her to meet with Yan as well but knowing how stubborn his friend would be. His friend lived in guilt over the past, blaming his bad legs that's now been healed and treated for the deaths of Isabel and Furlan. 

"But he never was a burden, not in your eyes. Haven't you ever told him so before?" Mikasa gently spoke as she walked towards him, squatting down and resting a hand on his knee. She knew how important Yan was to him and how he still worried over the man more than some might think. 

"Not with so many words but even if I did, he won't believe me" Levi sighed as he looked to her, his eyes troubled by how his friend saw himself. 

"I'll see you tonight. Will you be taking Cuppa or relying on the cards?" Mikasa faintly smiled, tapping his knee before pushing herself to stand again.  

"What are you taking?" Levi asked, knowing he'd chose the same. 

"The carts. I'm not planning to stay out late" Mikasa answered as she wanted to leave Storm behind to rest and use the carts so she wouldn't be stuck out late. 

"Than I'll take the carts as well. Leave Cuppa to rest for the day with Storm" Levi replied as he didn't plan to stay out late and might try to catch the last cart with her. It's been some time since they've travelled around together.