Chapter 39

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: In Chapter 16, I mentioned Abel background. Him growing up in an orphanage and currently proposed to his girlfriend. Well, he's married to his girlfriend by now and well, his wife would still be working at the orphanage during the day. Abel would help out, fix up anything broken inside and spend time with all the children, showing they could still live a good life once they grow up. I never gave Abel girlfriend /wife a name since Mike and Hanji squad members are mostly still a background characters still but I'm gonna give her a name. As well as some of the other characters romantic partners as well.

Abel girlfriend: Mayumi.

 Henning sickly wife: Yua.

Side Note 2: This is going to be a very long chapter. To make up for all those short ones in the past and make up for not updating as much as I said I would. 

**************************************

Once Armin had finished his tea and quickly return to his barracks to read the book he's been looking forward to reading all month. It left Mikasa and Levi alone, pouring themselves another cup of tea and ready to enjoy their own company with each other. 

Filling each other on bits the other might have missed over their daily life or duties they've had to do. Levi venting over shitty brats and how annoying the shitty fellow captains and commander are sometimes. Mikasa listening, amused as always before giving her own small bit of venting and still bringing up the issue over her not having a true captain to serve under or even team leader during an expedition. Levi listening, nodding in agreement as he'd prefer her to be placed in a squad and kept safely tucked following after her captain or squad leader. In truth, he'd like the idea of someone to blame if the worse did happen to her since she'd die following their orders. 

Both moving on to serious talks and passing on any gossip they might have heard that might involve the other. Levi warning Mikasa over some silly MP's that were making bets on who'd win her over or gain a date with her, Levi hated how some MPs captains always bought escorts and left them to wonder the camp as they please. Mikasa commenting over how she'd overheard the MP captain grumbling and bad mouthing the commander and Levi when returning to his carriage. 

And than Levi dropped the bottle.

(Kinda like the saying over "Dropping a Bomb" but changed it up due to them not really having bombs)

Apparently the Garrison was sending some asshole to check on the camp and overlook the survey corps daily routines for a couple weeks. Levi didn't know why and Erwin wasn't completely sure over the reason either. Both expecting the higher ups or MP's had something to do with it, sending an Garrison captain in as their spy or to find faults over their regiment.

Mikasa couldn't help but frown over the news, more so when in a week and an half they'd be going on an expedition again. She hoped the Garrison Captain would be smart and stay inside the walls but if he was sent to gather some dirt on the commander or any of the captains, he'd clearly join the expedition and expecting everyone else to protect him.  

The low mood ruining the taste of the tea a little as they both became lost in thought over the coming guest and just silently sitting together while they drank the rest of the tea. Both nodding once done and heading back to the castle together to get an early night and noticing the other's weren't back yet.