Chapter 27

Nova was sitting at the motel waiting for the guys to get back from a case Sam found when she got a text from him. The text contained a picture of a symbol they found at the crime scene so she started looking into it to help them.

"I looked into that symbol Sam sent me." She said when the guys walked in.

"And?" Dean questioned as he took his suit jacket off.

"It's not wiccan but it's copyright from a local animal rights group called Snart." She showed them the webpage on the laptop.

"Snart? You've got to be kidding me."

"Well, it makes sense that an animal rights group would have an axe to grind with a taxidermist." Sam spoke up.

"Why? The animals are already dead." Dean was confused.

"Yes, but Dean the hunters are what keeps taxidermist in business." Nova pointed out.

"Now the question is, are those bleeding hearts actually witches or just hippies?"

Dean looks up from the laptop at Sam "What's the difference?"

"Dean." Nova couldn't help but laugh.

~~~~

Kevin had let the boys know that there was a spell called an Inuit spell that helps them speak to a dog. Nova got surprised when the guys walked in with a German shepherd.

"You mean you actually let a dog in your car." Nova laughed lightly.

"Yeah yeah." Dean chuckled.

"This Colonel." Sam told her.

They then let her know the reason Colonel was there and what their plan was. So as they were putting the spell together Nova took the opportunity to give him attention.

~~~~

Later Nova held her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing at Dean because every time Sam threw a wrapper in the waist basket Dean would give it back. Then she finally lost it when both Dean and colonel were at the window over a mailman.

"Uh Dean." Sam smirked. "I think the spell worked. In fact I think worked a little too well."

"What?"

"I think you might be a dog."

"What?" Dean asked confused as he scratched his head.

Nova walked over to them as Sam pointed out "You're scratching your head. You're...barking at the mailman. You're playing fetch."

"Ruh ROH." Dean gulps.

Nova smirked and scratched Dean's head right behind his ear "Awe whose a good boy." She said in a baby voice trying not to laugh when Dean leaned into it more.

Sam just gave a 'are you serious' face and she shrugged with a grin.

"Hey couldn't resist." She stopped and Dean looked at her.

"Hey why'd you stop? That felt good."

"Sorry." She smirked and went back to scratching the backside of his head.

But later when Dean started to eat a piece of chocolate Nova called out.

"Dean no!"

Dean was looking at Colonel as he spit the piece out before he chewed it.

"If you're having symptoms of being a dog it's not wise to eat chocolate because they can't have chocolate." Nova pointed out.

~~~~