Chapter 22

Nova and Dean were in the Library when a sleepy Sam walked in with his hair a mess.

"Y-- I'm telling you, give me five minutes with some clippers and-" Dean motioned around his own head with his hands.

"Oh shut up." Sam sighs as he rubs his hands back over his hair.

Nova smacked Dean's shoulder, "You leave my baby's hair alone."

Dean smirked at Nova as Sam asked, "Uh, what time did I lay down?"

Dean looked at his watch, "You took a siesta around noon... yesterday." He then tossed Sam a beer but it went right past him and hit the floor.

"Nice one." She rolled her eyes with a shake of her head.

"I'm sorry I uh."

"That's why we don't have nice things Sam."

"Babe? You okay?" She walked over to him, "No offense, you look like crap." She ran her hand down his cheek.

"Yeah, I'm-Im fine. Just uh you know what?" He rubs his fingers on his forehead.

"No you're not." Nova sighs and rubs his back.

"I'm just gonna get dressed. We should go find Kevin."

"Hey hey hey." Dean got up as Nova grabbed Sam's arm, "Easy, easy sleeping beauty. Look man I've hacked into every security camera around, Garths houseboat, Kevin's hometown, where Mrs. Tran lived."

"And?"

"Well nothing so far."

"Dean, we have to find him."

"I know I know. Look, Garth is out looking for him. We've got a hunter A.P.B out on Kevin. We will do what we can from here. While you get better."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not babe. Take a look in the mirror."

"I can still go out there. I can still hunt."

"Really?" Dean asked.

They then go down to the target range so Sam could prove he could still hunt but when he shot he missed the target completely. Dean said they were going to keep an eye out and sit tight until Sam got better.

"You know he's only saying this because he cares. He doesn't want something bad to happen to you on a case." Nova rubs Sam's chest.

"I know." He sighs.

They kiss lightly then walk out of the shooting range.

~~~~

After a while they met up with Charlie who let them know about a case she had found for them. Dean said he would look into this case and Sam stood up saying he was coming with but about lost his footing as he stood up.

"You're taking a knee as long as you're off your game." Dean said sternly.

"He's right Sam." Nova then looks at Dean "I'll go with you."

"You sure? Because you know there's a big difference in researching lores then actually being involved in killing them."

Nova put her hands on her hips, "I'm coming with."

Dean chuckled, "Follow me."

He then took her to the shooting range.

"I've never actually seen you shoot a gun, only used a knife." He hands her a gun, "If you can hit that target then we can talk about you--"

Nova takes the gun and shoots the target right in the head before he finishes talking. He just looks at her shocked.

"What? My dad taught me how to shoot a gun." She shrugs with a grin.