"That's strange."

Sam nodded at Karina's comment, "Yeah. Now it could be a disease or it could be something much nastier."

Two people who Sam was looking at, nodded with understanding. Dean clapped and announced to the group. "Alright. Oklahoma."

They all began going to the car, sitting in their usual positions. Karina grabbed her book as Sam grabbed his newspaper. Dean then commented as they all went to the car, "Man, work, work, work. No time to spend my money."

***

When the trio arrived at the gas company building in Oklahoma, they all saw someone exiting the van of the company. They approached a man as Sam questioned him first. "Travis Weaver?"

He looked at three people who were looking at him. "Yeah, that's right."

Dean asked, "Are you the Travis who worked with Uncle Dusty?"

He looked confused with the reveal. He spoke from his mind to them, "Dustin never mentioned a niece or nephews."

Karina played along, "Seriously? Man... our uncle cannot stop talking about you. He said to himself that you were the greatest. Right, boys?"

Sam and Dean nodded, and Sam responded with a yeah. Travis smiled with the complement and looked at them. "Oh, he did? Huh."

"But most of all, we wanted to know what happened to him. From that day."

Travis slowly shook his head, "I'm not sure. He fell into the sinkhole. I went to the truck to get some rope, and, uh... by the time I got back..."

Dean asked, "What'd you see?"

He moved aside with a fake smile, "Nothing. Just Dustin."

Sam asked, "No wounds or anything?"

"Well, he was bleeding from his eyes and his ears, his nose. That's it."

Dean asked, "So do you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. That's what the doctors are saying."

Karina began to explain what she knew by asking him, "If the doctors assumed that, he would have acted differently. Personality changes, memory loss, depression, losing muscle control, anything that correlates to the brain. Have you ever caught sight of that?"

The boys looked at Karina, impressed with her knowledge after one word. They both moved on by looking curiosity at Travis. He answered Karina's question, "Nah. No way. But then again, if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?"

Dean commented, "That's a good question."

Sam asked, "You know, can you tell us where this happened?"

"Yeah."

After Travis sent a destination where it took place, Dean drove off to where the sinkhole was. By the nearest construction suburbs. Dean pulled up on the street, and they all got out of the car. They all walked toward it, taped around the police caution tape.

Dean asked, "Huh. What do you think?"

They all went under the tape, to look at the sinkhole closer. "I don't know, but if that guy, Travis, was right, it happened pretty damn fast."

"So what? Some sort of creature chewed on his brain?"

Karina spoke from her mind, "Zombie? Dr. Victor?"

Dean turned on the flashlight, aiming toward the sinkhole. Sam shook his head, "No, there'd be an entry wound. Sounds like this thing worked from the inside."