"But why doesn't she want to be with you?"

There were silence for a minute after which the hall echoed with Nikhil's voice once again.

"Because she saw me with my girlfriend!" Nikhil said shamelessly.

Everyone started gossiping when they heard it. The last thing I wanted was my life to be made in a gossip. But I am just so thankful, because now my father will also know this man's true colours.

My eyes snapped towards Dad. But he was looking at Nikhil as he couldn't believe his ears. I also looked at Nikhil. He just couldn't realise what had hit him. Good for him!

My eyes met with Aayansh! He was also looking at me. This time his face was not unreadable. But, instead he was trying to read me. He was trying to read my expression and see whether I am okay with what was showing on the screen. He was trying to read whether I am fine or has this triggered me.

But what I wanted to know why is he doing this? What is the meaning of it? And what has all this to do with him or the deal?

I gave him a small nod. I don't know what it meant but he seemed satisfied and he looked back at the screen. I did the same.

"If you have a girlfriend, then why do you want to be married with Sameera! Why don't you divorce her?" Aayansh asked.

"Oh I want to! Trust me I do. But what can I do, after all she is the Samar Oberoi's daughter! I didn't even want to marry her. But I had to. You don't know what all I had to do to get married to her."

Nikhil must be really drunk to have accepted that infront of anyone.

I always thought that he loves me and genuinely wanted to marry me. But he was just using me. All he wanted was a trophy wife!

"Why would you need to marry someone? You yourself are the Nikhil Ahuja." Aayansh asked.

"Because, my business wasn't going smoothly. I needed investors and Mr. Samar Oberoi was ready to invest but soon he also started having doubts. So, I needed to give him a strong reason to trust me. And, what could be better than marrying his own daughter who was madly in love with me."

I stumbled back but Kriti held me.

"Di are you fine?" She asked.

"Yes." I told her but I am not fine.

I felt something break inside me. It can't be my heart because it is already broken.

But this was painful. This can't be true.

But it is! Isn't it? This was all a business deal! This was all a business deal for him! He spoiled my entire life for his selfish motives and I thought he loves me.

He was just playing with me. It was all a game for him.

He was just using me to get to my Dad!

Everything was fake!

The clip was over and there were conversation going on in the entire hall.

Nikhil was standing still since the very beginning of the clip. Aayansh who was standing beside him whispered something in his ear.

I could clearly read his lips. 'Don't you dare blackmail me ever again. Oh sorry, now you will have nothing to blackmail me.'

Then he said to everyone, "As you all can clearly see what kind of a person Nikhil Ahuja is. Anyway, Singhania Studios wants to announce you all that we are not going to collaborate with Mr. Ahuja's company. Sorry for wasting your time but this really was important."