Chapter - 40

Finally, when things were normal between us, the day to return home had arrived too

Thinking about the things that encountered on the trip, it felt nostalgically memorable already. I found my true love, was the only thing that mattered to me the most.

Though one question lingered in my mind for a long, how did even Chloe get that recording when this was my conversation with Vian's dad?

Vian told everyone on the trip that all that recording was a prank planned by Chloe, him, and me which cleared out all the misunderstandings, but my only focus now was to face the squad and Casey.

We were on the bus and were about to reach in an hour at the university when I excused myself for a moment to take a nap.

Sleepyhead. Don't you see your subconscious scoffed at you and here you're oblivious of any fact?

My slumber got pleasantly troubled by soft hands caressing my shoulder and how I wanted to just wake up like this every morning by Vian.

Look who's getting cheesy.

You're the one sending these lines to my head.

Haha. Ha. Yeah.

"So, you're going to tell everyone about us... right?" Vian asked with a confused expression.

"Why wouldn't I? Unless... you want us to be a secret?" I stated.

"It's just... I like to keep things personal and since my dad is back in town and knows about us... I don't have a good feeling about it."

"I'm with you whatever will be your decision," Though, I asked him to be by his decision, but deep down I wanted to not keep this a secret.

"Since it's about us, only my decision is void enough. I want to know what you truly suggest." He draped his arms around my shoulder and engulfed me in a light hug.

I couldn't help but try to resist the smile forming on my lips. At this point, I would have done anything to be with him.

You're already. How's the feeling of living my life, sleepyhead!

The bus came to a halt near the university gate and I yawned while stretching my hands after getting the roll call done.

My sleepy eyes bolted open in a shot as the view in front of my eyes seemed like an unrealistic dream.

"Xavier?" I shouted and he looked back at me. "Casey?" Vian chimed from behind my back as he unloaded our luggage.

A couple of surprises? It's not my age, but did you get the dad joke? Haha.

What even? I marched my way towards them, and Xavier left Casey's hand and ran towards me. "Jo!! I missed you, kiddo!" He exclaimed and hugged my form and started to encircle me around.