Chapter - 9

Finally, after this long flight which felt like long years after that scary unnatural dream, Stockholm it was.

Xav and I took a taxi to his uncle's house while the rest members of the group went on their way.

Xav is more attached to his uncle, Uncle Garry than his mom and dad. While we were in our fresher year, Xav lived at Uncle Garry's home while we all subsisted in university dorms.

"Hey, Xav! I'm feeling sleepy." I mumbled out while yawning teasingly.

"You slept for like a gazillion hours on the flight. Come out of your dreamy land. Besides, I should be the one saying that. I couldn't even sleep because of your hefty head on my shoulder," he blurted out and sighed like he was waiting for the moment to speak that out.

I nodded my head continuously while listening to his rant, “Okay...you know what, I should sleep more." I said and waited for his reply. I knew he was triggered.

"I...you...I...wa--...wait...wh--...wait what?" He had no words. And his reaction was so worth it. He was like living a thousand emotions simultaneously and at last, decided to give up.

He didn't give up; he just realized there's no point in arguing with you because you are imprudent.

"Hey, see there's Uncle Garry!" Xav pointed his finger at an old man holding a cup of tea in one hand and a newspaper in the other sitting silently on a patio. He hadn't changed much since the last time I saw him but I could sense the positive aura once I looked towards him.

"Heyy!! Gabs!!" Xav shouted for his moniker and he looked towards us. A bright teensy smile formed on his face and he got up and started walking towards us.

Xav opened his arms for a hug and so does his uncle. He was walking a little fast and I could feel the pain he was going through in his knees because of arthritis.

I was behind Xav waiting to witness their lovely reunion and Xav was about to hug him until Uncle Gabs passed by his side and held my face between his soft wrinkly hands.

"Hej, hur mår du?" (Hello, how are you? in Swedish) I politely said startled by his sudden action.

"Oh my God, Josephinie, you know how much I missed you, my little child," he said taking me in for a small hug. Oh yeah, I forgot we could converse in English here too!

"And what about me?" I heard Xav's voice. Oh no, he was standing still, his hands' mid-air waiting for a hug. I couldn't control my laugh seeing his all red embarrassed face.

"Yeah, you too brat!" Gabs spatted at him jokingly and joined him in our little reunion hug.

"You stole my Uncle from me!" Xav hissed at me.

"Jealous much!" I smirked at him seeing his blank face.

"Oh c’mon you two, stop your banter. You fight like kids!" Gabs spoke seeing us fighting like some teenagers.

"Let's go inside, I have a lot to talk to Josephine," Gabs said to which Xav snorted.

Xav was already asleep on the couch while Gabs and I were talking about stuff. My family, Xav's family in New York, new friends, and all that while having our meal.

Xav looked really tired and I felt bad for arguing with him earlier.

It was night time and I gave Gabs his medicines and heated food for Xav. "Finish it before going to bed, I am going upstairs to take a shower," I told him strictly as he was dozing off in between. How can someone sleep while sitting?

"Okay, MOM!" He whined.

It was getting frosty and a hot shower would be the best thing to calm me out. The window was open bringing the cold air inside making me quiver a little so I decided to close it down first.

What the hell!!
I saw a guy passing through the alley and he was...he was him. The water guy!

Weird name!

Not now! I need to see if he's real or not.

I didn't think anything and ran downstairs to know about this mysterious guy who pops around everywhere like my damn subconscious.

Don't involve me in!

"Where are you going Miss Lady?" Xavier asked munching on his food.

"Going for a jog, be right back!" I told him and ran outside the house. It was so cold and I forgot to bring my jacket.

Great! I'm not even disappointed because after all, it's you!

You could have popped at that time to remind me! Don't you think?

Bad day Queen!

I ran into the deep dark alley hoping to find him and a little timid too because I couldn't see anything. He was not there.

Please, what the hell!?
After reaching the end there was this street light which was the only one illuminated and there he was.

His back was facing me and he was just standing there. I got a little tensed seeing the situation. But I wanted to make myself sure of what was going on.

Don't freak out. Just let things go as they are planned.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,

So Jo found him.

What do you guys think will happen if they come face to face with each other?

I'll meet you guys in the next chapter.
Much love❤