Chapter - 38

"It will always be a part of my plan to get close to Vian first, and I promise you that I will make him this vulnerable under my spell of fake love that he will speak out the real truth from his mouth himself without me even asking for it

"It will always be a part of my plan to get close to Vian first, and I promise you that I will make him this vulnerable under my spell of fake love that he will speak out the real truth from his mouth himself without me even asking for it. By hook or by crook. By love or by war."

I hate these pranks! Jo, tell her how Chloe's crossing her limits. I thought to myself as soon as I heard that weird recording, which Chloe very cleverly morphed into Jo's voice.

I glanced at her at the sudden silence that start out to feel uncomfortable and awkward all of a sudden. Her face was devoid of any color, like she had seen a ghost.

I started to get flurried when I saw Chloe and Bonny humoring wickedly, their eyes focused on only Jo.

Why wasn't she replying them back? Tell them the recording is bogus, and it's not your voice. Why was she quiet?

Unless... OMG.

I... I wasn't able to accept this... but with every ticking time off the clock... Jo's silence was worrying me up.

Her silence was making me believe that... there's one person at fault. Again. That's... me.

No-no-no-no... I hate these pranks. I didn't realize when I yanked my hand out of hers and begun to shed tears.

Is it a dream? I want to wake up. Right now. Please. Why isn't she saying this is not true. Why can't I ask her whether it was true or not?

"J-" I tried to speak, but my breathing got hinged. It felt like someone was choking me. I could hear the sobs desperately leaving my mouth.

I need time to process. But what? That... wait- why can't I comprehend anything?

"N-no," Jo said, her voice... it was the same as I heard in the recording.

What should I do now? I slid my hand through my hair multiple times but in this cold weather, I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead, on my back, my hands became warm as lava. It started to feel itchy. Scratching my head vigorously, I felt like I lost the sense of thinking.

What should I think? Why is this getting all complicated? How do I express what I'm feeling? Calm down Vian, you can't have a panic attack now. I approached myself.

I got up from there, looking everywhere around the forest which was filled with large emerald green trees, the bonfire which felt calm and soothing felt like I was standing on it, and it was burning me up.

Took a step back... but my feet stumbled on nothing and I fell, facing towards the ground, I felt the brownish clay spurt from the pavement as I blew onto nothing. My eyes squinted, automatically shutting themselves.

Just as I hit the ground, suddenly everything stopped. I just heard the pinned voice in my head like someone was playing the last note on a piano, making me conceal my ears with my hands.