She stepped aside to let the car go but the driver honked. She turned to her side, only to find her handsome boss seated on the driver's. He rolled the window and turned to her.

 He rolled the window and turned to her

"Get in!", he ordered.

"What? Why?", she asked.

"How else are you going to go home? C'mon get in!", he said opening the door for her.

"Thank you but I can get a cab. Just need to charge my phone", she said and turned around to leave, though she was dying for him to force her to tag along.

But to her dismay, he didn't ask her again, roared the engine and.. drove away!

'Shit!!! Why do you have to be so stubborn! He was being sweet for the first time! He even invited you to his elevator. The least you could have done was let him drop you!' She cussed at her stupid brain and the opportunity she let go. Having lost the chance to travel with her dream man, she stomped towards the guard.

Suddenly, a car rolled back, scaring her to death!

The driver rolled down the window to the passenger seat, who happened to be none other than Jake Cooper!!! To say that she was surprised would be an understatement of the year!

"Change of hearts, eh?", he asked her.

"Ummm.. what made you think so?", she asked, feeling embarrassed.

"I did!", he said, earning an 'Oh' from Briana. "You stayed up so late. Dropping you safely is the least I can do", he said while Briana stood there frozen to her spot.

Was he really reciprocating the good she did to him?

She zoned out on him and snapped back only when someone honked from behind his car.

"Can you stop contemplating? You're safe with me, ok?", he said, this time genuinely, making her heart flutter!

Reluctantly, she got into the car and they drove off!

She told him her address which was quite out of his way, as he said. She mocked him for driving her but kept it to the minimal, scared if he changed his mind and drops her elsewhere in the middle of the night.

Jake noticed her hesitation as she was continuously fidgeting with her bag strap.

"Uncomfortable?", he asked, looking at her and then back on the road.

"Huh?.. ME?? no!", she stammered.

"Looks like it!", he said, gesturing to her fidgety fingers.

"Honestly, it's not every day your boss is sweet to you!", she mumbled.

"I heard that!", he said, catching her off guard.

Her eyes widened in embarrassment. She didn't know what to say so chose to stay quiet and enjoy the silence with the person she admired the most.