15

This part is full of surprises as it carries along with it a context that will be later used in the chapter to describe the bond between the Love Doves.

This is where they start noticing each other... for more than a colleague..

(The song in the cover is the background music for when they find themselves alone in the balcony)
.

.

.

Jake was unable to sleep as he kept shifting, trying to gain a comfortable position in the bed. It wasn't that the bed was uncomfortable to sleep in or something, but there was something or someone else that didn't let him sleep. He looked at the bedside clock which struck 2 am at night. Unable to get any sleep, he grunted in frustration and sat upright.

 Unable to get any sleep, he grunted in frustration and sat upright

He needed some fresh air!

Since the room that he was sleeping in had no balcony, he decided to go downstairs to get his mind clear with something to drink.

He gently opened the door and tiptoed to the kitchen. Upon reaching, he opened the fridge and scanned for something to drink when he saw a bottle of mixed juice. He grabbed it and shut the door gently so as to not wake up Briana. She had already done so much for him.

The least she deserved was a good night sleep. Jake was feeling fine so he urged to go home but when Briana insisted, he decided to stay back as she said a doctor would come to visit him the next day.

Since he was the same doctor that treated him earlier, he wanted to continue the treatment from him. The funny thing was that Briana was so adamant on his stay back that she warned him about leaving until he's all well.

Damn, when did he give her so much authority over him?

He smiled and shook his head thinking about all the events of the day but was unable to understand his assistant's attitude towards him. She was caring for him way too much, serving the food that he liked, the same drink he took in the office and what not. She gave him full privacy in the room she had provided him and only came by when it was time for his medicines or food.

Hell! She even knew what medicines were to be given to him and he knew nothing about them. All he knew was that the medicines were working since the pain was gradually receding away.

He was half way into his room when he saw the moon light brightening up the floor.

'Did she leave the door open?', he thought and decided to follow the path to check upon the doors in the house. After all, if was the matter of their safety.

 After all, if was the matter of their safety