25

All eyes on you...

.

.

.

Ricky and Briana exited the elevator, laughing like idiots, gaining the attention of the people around them. But they didn't care. They were having the time of their lives. They gave each other a high five as they spoke about some stupid joke that one of them cracked.

Suddenly, someone from behind tapped Ricky's shoulder, gaining both of their attention. They turned around to find his friend who had his eyes widened, as if to tell him something.

"What?", Ricky asked, baffled.

His friend turned him around, only to show them a glowering Jake Cooper staring at both of them. Ricky straightened himself immediately, followed by Briana as she noticed her boss standing at the desk next to hers. Jake eyed them head to toe, glowering at them.

"In my cabin, NOW!", he said pointing a finger at Briana and strode to his cabin

"Fuck!!", cursed Briana. "How did we not notice the awkward silence around us?", she face-palmed herself.

"Just tell him I cracked a joke or something. Put it on me! I'll take care of it", Ricky assured her.

She gave him a look of 'Are you Crazy! Never!'

"Just wish me luck!", she said before rushing to her desk.

'God bless you, my child!', Ricky imitated a priest as he tried to suppress his laugh. "See you later, half dead alligator!"

Briana placed her things on the desk and took out the iPad quickly. She turned around to leave for Jake's cabin, not before gesturing to kill Ricky, earning another a full blown chuckle from him.

Gathering all the courage she had, she pleaded her stars to bless her. She blew out and knocked on the door.

"May I come in, Sir?", she asked as she peeked inside.

Jake was standing near the glass wall with his back facing her. When he didn't reply, she knew he was pissed so she entered anyway.

 When he didn't reply, she knew he was pissed so she entered anyway