18

He's okay because of someone...who decided to not let go....

.

.

.

That was definitely not a genuine smile. Jake only faked a smile like that when he had to put someone down. So Briana didnt have good feeling about it.

She face palmed herself!

She wanted to force Jake to come along and let it be but with him, you never really know.

The officers gave him a look and behaved as if they're busy working, but ignoring Jake was not even as close as an option for them.

"Ahm ahmn????", he faked a cough to gain their attention. "What happened, lads? You don't wanna talk about how I don't have to spend my time in here????", he mocked as he walked towards them.

"Get your ass outta here, Cooper!" the arrogant officer said, shutting a file violently.

"Oh my god! You still have the audacity? I remember someone was so persistent on letting me stay and now you're telling me to leave?", his mocks now taking a turn to the angry side.

The officers looked the other way when Jake came closer, almost intimidating them.

"Don't you ever try to fucking get close to me! Always keep your fucking hands off me because you're going to pay for your sins!", he said turning around to leave but not before his one last warning, "Get ready for the roller coaster ride", he warned without turning around to look at them and left the station with Briana trailing behind him.

Jake rushed out of the station and stopped near the parking lot. Briana came trailing behind him and stood right beside him. He had his hands on his waist and was inhaling long breaths as if breathing for the first time.

"Sir?", she said carefully.

He turned his face sideways towards her. He looked at her disheveled self. This woman, who claims to be his assistant had done so much for him. He never expected any of his employees to do so much for him, to go the extra mile. But this lady, oh, this lady was doing so much for him. She didn't sleep even when she could, didn't budge about getting me out and standing here with me.

Briana was fazed. Her boss was looking at her with an undecipherable expression and she didn't know how to react. She just kept looking at him, waiting for him to say something, anything.

It was breezy. The night was young. Jake was still wearing his night suit that Briana had managed to get. Though, she herself had never been to his house, she knew it would be as beautiful as this person standing in front of him.

"How, in the world, did you do it?", he asked her, catching her completely off guard.

"What?", she asked, tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear.