30

Really??? Wedding??? That too for a person who loathes commitments?????

.

.

.

Jake was shocked to hear about his proposal going viral like that. He didn't expect anyone to know about it, yet. The proposal was intimate and he himself made sure of that. Then how in the world was it possible for her to know?

He then turned around and found everyone looking at him with a huge smile plastered on their faces. Jake felt a little hesitant for a moment before forming a tight smile on his face as he thanked them for their wishes. He looked back at Briana and the woman standing next to her.

"The wedding hasn't happened yet", he told the other one.

Unfortunately, he forgot to notice the girl standing beside the one he was talking to, as she was completely stunned by the announcement just made

Unfortunately, he forgot to notice the girl standing beside the one he was talking to, as she was completely stunned by the announcement just made. Marriage, Jake and Mia, all in one sentence was literally out of even Briana's wildest dreams. She never thought that Jake would decide upon the topic of marriage so quickly. He was never a person who committed to anything, then why her?

Why marriage?

In those few minutes, her heart broke over and over again into million pieces. One could actually count them as powdered pieces as her heart was shattered beyond repair. The news was too shocking for her to think about anything else. She doubted her capabilities of working anymore, let alone work with Jake!

And it was that instant, that she decided to quit!

Quit the company!

Quit working here!

Quit working with. Jake Cooper.

The news overwhelmed her as tears made their way into her already widened eyes. They threatened to flow down her cheeks but she instantly wiped them off.

'Stop it Briana! Pull yourself together', she scolded herself. 'You can't be so weak! Let go of him and move on', she persuaded herself.

"Briana?", she heard someone call her. She turned sideways, only to find her colleague staring at her. "Are you okay?", she asked.

 "Are you okay?", she asked