𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝙰 𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Start from the beginning

𝑰 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒚, 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒆 𝑵𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒎𝒂'𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔.

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆; 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 '𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍' 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.

𝑻𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍. 𝑶𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒎𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒅. 𝑨𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂 𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑱𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒚. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕.

- 𝑨𝒗𝒂 𝑹. 𝑭𝒊𝒕𝒛𝒓𝒐𝒚

I closed the leather-bound journal and shoved it into my bag for now. It was a hard decision to stay but I knew that I owed it to grandma Janine to stay. After-all, I was meant to have taken care of her before her death. Maybe a part of me was guilty for putting off the trip back to Mystic Falls until it was too late. But all that was said and done, there was no time for me to mope around.

Making a mental checklist of all the things I had to do today, I got up from my seat at the table and moved from the sunlit dining room to the empty but warm kitchen. Quickly, I glanced at the clock on the side of the kitchen island.

7:00 AM

I still had an hour left before school started. That didn't mean I could relax. I moved towards the sink and placed my empty plate from breakfast and washed it. I hated leaving unwashed dishes in the sink. A trait I picked up from my mom. After that was done, I took out another plate from the dish rack and plated some leftover pancakes for my uncle Nate who I knew was either out running or sleeping from staying up the night before.

"Is that for me?" A rough and tired voice rang out through the kitchen as I turned around to see my uncle walk through the back kitchen door. I stared at him for a while taking in his appearance. He was drenched in sweat from running.

His light skin glistened with sweat as he huffed, taking in deep breaths standing in the door to the back garden door. Short dark brown hair was wet with sweat and stuck to his forehead despite his attempts to move them. His dark brown eyes were looking at the plate of pancakes with all of his attention.

Raising my eyebrow, I smiled before replying. "No, it was for the dog-I was just about to take it the doghouse" I stated before moving to the dining room.

"Very funny, Rosy. We don't even have a dog." He laughed tiredly. "Thanks for making breakfast today." He thanked me, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and closing the fridge. "The maids and the butler should come back next week or so."