He swam across, taking my limp body in his secure hold, and pulled both of us out from the water. I coughed the water out while he rubbed my back.

"What were you thinking, stupid! You know how scared I got!?" He shouted at me, making me flinch.

I just got saved. But, I didn't deserve this yelling. Well, I think I do... continue.

"I don't know how I just slipped--" I was cut off by his lips on mine, and he pulled back immediately.

"Why are you finding ways of leaving me?" He whispered while stroking my hair back.

"I'm sorry, I got saved by you because I knew I didn't want to leave... well now."

"Let's go now, shall we?" He asked, and I nodded, rubbing my arms constantly due to the coldness.

The dress was all soaked in water, so was his attire. I shivered under his reigning gaze, while frosty weather didn't do any justice either.

"Come here," he stated and pushed on my thighs to jump and carried me in a piggyback front lift. I snaked my hands around his neck and crossed my legs around his torso and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

I was still freezing but getting calm by his warmth with every minute passing. He walked the whole way towards our cottage while carrying me, which made me realize that I was going to lose my everything after what Chloe did to me.

I feel bad for him. After all, you have done, you don't deserve him.

We reached the cottage, and he made me stand on my feet when we entered the room.

"Change first, otherwise you will get sick. And what do you want to eat? I'll prepare that."

My heart melted like wax while tears started to pour from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Vian. I hope you will be able to forgive me after listening to my explanation," I cried while I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"I know I will. I trust us. I overreacted though, and said mean things to you too, forgive me as well? Hmm?" He stated and snuggled his head closer.

"Now go and change. I will make something quickly."

"Excuse me, n-o, no. You change first, then I'll treat your wounds," I said, stopping him and passing his hoodie and joggers to him.

He took a quick shower and came out to get dressed while I stepped in.

I grabbed the first aid box and applied for the medicine on the applicator and treated his wounds near his abs, neck, and face.

"How did you get hurt so bad?" I asked, and immediately realized that this was the dumbest question I ever asked.

What can we expect from you then? Intelligent talking? Or better, an explanation?

I leaned closer towards his face while I applied the medicine just near his eyes. His gaze was on me, distracting me well to apply the medicine with a steady hand.

I blew on his wound, and his grip on my waist tightened.

"What are you doing?" He asked grunting.

"Applying the medicine?" I replied.

"Kiss me," he whispered softly and looked at my lips. I leaned in closer, closing the gap between us. I kissed him and in no time he kissed me back while holding my face with one hand and my waist from the other.

He tilted his head and deepened the kiss while his tongue brushed at my lower lip.

I pulled away quickly because I needed him to know the truth or to put as to make the guilt drop off my shoulder.