•Chapter 17•

Happy Reading

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖Keh dun tume,Ya chup rahunDil mein mere aaj kya hai➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Keh dun tume,
Ya chup rahun
Dil mein mere aaj kya hai
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Aranya was humming a soft song while walking around her home. She kept looking at her phone's screen time by time, waiting for Rehaan's call.

Huffing a breath she moved inside her room feeling a bit of headache. Lying down on the bed she closed her eyes trying to calm herself.

Covering herself with a blanket and soon sleep engulfed her. Around 8 in the night, she heard her mother calling and she sat on the bed stretching her arms.

She felt lazy to even move a step. Maybe sleeping in the evening was a bad idea, She thought to herself.

She strolled out of her room and picked up her phone to check any call and found none.
That was unusual for Rehaan to do so.

Aranya dialled his number and in return his phone was busy.
He might be busy! She thought and started helping her mother.

••••°•

Rehan reached his home in the evening and was so tired that he instantly fell asleep on his bed. Waking up in the evening he plugged his phone in charging, completely forgetting he had to call Aranya.

Long-distance relationships are hard! He thought to himself.

He sat on his bed with his books and started working on the assignment as his last semester exams were near.

His phone rang and he picked it up and it was one of his college friends.

Soon enough his friends joined in a conference call and he didn't even realise when the time passed with them.

"Rehan, come for dinner," He heard his mother calling and hung up the call.

They all sat in the dining room and it was an unknown silence today. He first shrugged it off but as soon as his brother Abhimaan told them that he wanted to marry, he choked badly.
Yeah, he knew sooner or later the news was coming but this soon was seriously a shocker for him.

Though he was happy for him and more happy to welcome a new member in their family.
Congratulating his brother he went towards his room.

Entering his room he closed the door and his eyes fell upon the Gift Aranya packed in his bag.

"Shit, I didn't even call her," Rehan and picked up the box.

He tore the wrapping paper down and found a hoodie, with a Tom (a cartoon character) imprinted on the upper right side.
It was brown and looked beautiful.
He took out the note that was kept inside the bag.

"This one is yours and I have Mine. We are gonna have matching hoodie, so whenever you miss me you can see this or wear this and video call me, I love you my tom"

Rehan smiled broadly and his eyes sparkled seeing the gift, Aranya was always a child by heart and he loved this quality of her's.

She was mature when needed and childish with the person she was comfortable with.

Rehaan wore the hoodie and connected a video call to her.
Twice the ring went but she didn't pick up the call, Rehaan tried again and this time to his good luck, she picked up.

Aranya looked at him with a blank expression and he knew he was in trouble.

"Sorry, I actually got busy and then it totally slipped from my mind," Rehan apologised to her.

"It's Ok," She said while tapping her fingers on her chin.

"I really loved this gift, show me your," Rehan said, trying to cheer her up but something in her was unusual.

"I will but in the morning, I am really very tired," She said while wincing in pain.

"What happened to you, uhm you on your periods," Rehan asked her, understanding the reason behind her sore mood.

Though it was not the only reason, not getting the call from him when she was excited about it stayed in her mind and due to her mood swings she couldn't control it.

"You go and take a rest and eat your food," Rehaan asked and she nodded negatively.

"Aranya," Rehan said sternly.

"No, I am not in the mood to eat anything right now," Aranya said and hung up the call.

She threw the phone on the bed while Rehan was in a daze about what just happened.

She closed her eyes and after half an hour she heard the doorbell ringing.

She groaned in frustration and got up to see who was there late at night.
Opening the door she found a delivery boy with a food parcel.

"I didn't order anything," She told them when he forwarded the parcel to her.

"Mam, the order was placed for this address only and the payment is already done." The delivery boy told her and went away.

Aranya looked at the parcel and thought of asking her mother, before she could she got a call from Rehan.

"Darling, I ordered this for you, and now stuff it into your stomach silently without an argument and also the extra chocolates inside is a means to ask your forgiveness for not calling you at time, I love you," Rehaan spoked as soon as she picked the call.

Aranya couldn't help but smile with her whole heartedly.

"You know that I love you more for this," She said with a chuckle.

"You love me more for the food," He asked her back.

"Maybe, but the one who sent me food has my whole heart," She said and opened the parcel.

It had a full plate of chole bhature and a choco lava cake and with a bunch of dairy milk and KitKat.

"If you would pamper me like this, I will get fully spoiled and would always want such a treatment," Aranya and took a morsel of Chole Bhature.

"Well, I guess you got a lifetime subscription for this," Rehaan said.

Aranya hummed while eating and switched their call to video.

They talked about every little thing after Aranya finished her food with him adorning her all the time.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Drop your views about the chapter.

Also, I won't exaggerate the story much so it will go pretty fast now.