•Chapter 12•

Happy Reading

- - - - - - - -
~tum zid chand ki krna,
Main tume aaina dikha dunga~
- - - - - - - -

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Rehaan walked back to his after breakfast and went straight to his room and picked up a small box and placed it in his pants pocket.

Moving towards the Aranya room he wiped his hands on his pants and drew a deep breath.

Things he does when he is nervous.

Aranya was standing in front of dresser tieing her hair in a ponytail when Rehaan knocked on the door. She looked at him and smiled at him.

He walked inside the room and looked at her packed suitcases.

"So, all set to go," He said while looking around.

The room boomed with Aranya laughter and Rehaan looked at her with confused eyes.

"Sorry, I can't help it, I am just remembering your face when aunty said you as my brother, damn your face was worth looking at," She said laughing.

Aranya kept her hand on her mouth and controlled her laughter but it was all in vain. She again laughed aloud

Rehaan looked at her and tried glaring but instead her surreal laughter made Rehaan's lips curve into a soft smile.

He looked at her while keeping his hands and his eyes lingered over her face.

He smiled looking at her, the smile on her face was making his heart flutter across the lines on Love, but the realisation was away from his thoughts.

Is it love or just affection? His subconscious asked him.

He closed his eyes and shaked his head. Does love happen this easily?

I like to take care of her, I like to make her smile!

Is it what we name Love? He asked himself and felt all the sensation that sent shivers whenever she was around him.

"Oyai, where are you lost," Aranya asked as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Nothing," He said, shrugging all his thoughts.

"The idea wasn't bad though, you can be my brother, right Rehaan," Aranya said, teasing him.

He held her wrist and pulled her close to himself caging her in his arms.

"Rehh...." Her words died in throat when she felt his finger close to her lips.

Rehaan looked into her eyes and wiped the smudged lipstick from the corner of her lips. She closed her eyes as goosebumps erupted in her body.

"I guess, I don't need to explain now why you can't be my sister, the way you respond to my touch says it all," He whispered close to her ear.

She held his shirt and looked into his eyes. He leaned down and pecked her cheeks.

"I will miss you Anya," He said while she felt his touch on her cheeks.

"I will miss you more," She said, hiding her face in his chest.

They stood there hugging each other, their feelings were in a state of dilemma as teenagers come with a lot of feelings.

They both didn't want their unknown feeling to destroy the relationship of their friendship.

They were best friends and the ones who wanted to grow together, learn together but were they ready to love together. Was still a question as none of them wanted to make a move as the fear of losing was still fresh in Aranya's heart.

While Rehaan didn't want to make her uncomfortable after sharing his uncanny feelings.

"I brought something for you," Rehaan said, breaking the hug.

Aranya looked at him with curious eyes. He took out the small box from his pocket and gave it to her.

She opened the box and was mesmerised by seeing the beauty inside it.

It was a bracelet with a small shaped butterfly attached to it.

"This is so beautiful," She said, tracing the bracelet.

"I am glad you like it," He said looking at her.

"I loved it but," She looked at him with teary eyes.

"Hey, what happened," Rehaan immediately cupped her face and made her look at him.

"When Rishi bhai was going even he gifted me, and I can't lose you," She said fearing the worst.

"Listen, nothing will happen to me or you, We both won't lose each other. You trust me right, no matter how long the darkness prevails itself, the sun rises and darkness goes away, and it's your time to shine," He said cupping her face.

He took the bracelet from her hand and made her wear it.

"It's an artificial one, as I don't earn to give you something expensive," He said while adjusting it.

"Doesn't matter to me, you efforts for me is everything I care, you are all I care," She said looking at the bracelet.

"You know Rehaan, you are like that sun in life who gave me the light to shine through it," She added further while looking at him.

"Thanks for being my Sunshine," She added and held his hands.

"Thanks for trusting me at every point," He said smiling.

"Let's go or else everything will know that we are together," She said, picking up her sling bags.

"It's better at least Mom won't make me your brother," He said, making her chuckle.

"Idiot," She said as they both went outside the room.

She left for Delhi with Abhimaan while Rehaan watched her go but today his heart was making flips in the sea of uncanny feelings but he kept them all buried and decided not to say until he was sure.

Aranya sat inside the car and looked at her bracelet and played with the butterfly while her heart was playing with the wave of feelings that was hitting her every now and then.

She closed her eyes and decided to realise her feelings but keep it with herself.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Hello,
How was the part?

Pyaar ka ahsaas itni aasani se thodi na hota hai! What do you guys think about it.

Well, it's a leap in their story now, and Aranya will be 22 and Rehaan will be 24 now.

Also, get ready to see the changes in them after the leap.