Wakas

This chapter is dedicated to those people who are waiting patiently to the person they really love. Whatever the reason, you always deserve the better prize.

--------

Wakas
Final Destination

Hugging his cold body, I can't stop my tears from flowing down my cheeks.

The pain....it is so much to bear. It is turning my heart into dust.

How did we ended up here? Lexus, I know this isn't the end that you want. Your efforts won't go in waste...so please, wake up for me.

Wake up for me, my love.

I hold his wrist, trying my luck that maybe he's still alive and breathing. That maybe he is just sleeping because of tiredness.

Ang kaninang paghikbing pilit kong pinipigilan ay tuluyan nang kumawala. Napahagulgol ako at niyakap ang malamig at naliligo sa dugong katawan ni Lexus.

No, this isn't happening!

Kahit pa ipanganak siya ulit, anong kasiguraduhan na mahahanap ko siya at magkakasama kami ulit?

Nagawa niya akong hanapin nang mamatay ako at mabuhay ulit, pero kakayanin ko ba na gawin iyon para sa kanya?

Oo gagawin ko, pero ano ang kasiguraduhan na makikita ko siyang muli lalo na't mawawala ang kanyang mga alaala.

"Lexus, gumising ka naman! Huwag mo akong iwan, nangako ka 'di ba?! Gumising ka, please." I cried.

But even a small move, his hand didn't  make it. I tried to stop the blood coming out from his heart, but my two hands are not enough. It is still flowing nonstop leaving his body and making it paler.

Tuluyan nang gumuho ang pundasyon ng templo. The roof is already gone, giving me the sight of the orange sky outside.

"Lexus, is it already sunset? Would you be gone like the sun? But not like it, you won't come back like the sunrise, right? Akala mo ba papakasalan mo pa ako? You're strong, right? So please wake up." I cried again until my tears already dried on my cheeks.

I can smell the salty air of the sea from the outside. Refreshing the memories I had with him when we were still sailing even before I have died. Oh, how I love the strong waves crashing our Veronica's Ship, the shipwrecks beside the islands we happened to visit.

I wanna do it again, sailing with him..... but he's already dead.

"Wake up, Lexus!" Sigaw ko at niyugyog ang katawan niya pero wala pa ring nangyayari.

Hanggang sa may narinig akong tunog mula sa itaas. The flapping of wings is making the salty wind wild.

Napanganga ako nang sa pagtingala ko'y hindi ko inaasahan na makita ang nilalang na isang beses ko pa lamang nakita ngunit malaki na ang naitulong sa akin.

He gave me the amulet where my mother preserved her memories by the help of the goddess of nature, Melinia.

The dragon of the south is flying above us with its wings making the wind blow and slowly landed on front of us.

Its eyes roamed on me and settled on the dead body of my man. The dragon growled and I expected him to talk to me inside my head but it didn't happen.

To my surprise, he walked near us and using his big foot and long claws, he took Lexus' body.

My mouth went agape and my eyes widen.

"No! Where are you taking him?!" Sigaw ko.

The dragon didn't spoke and flapped its wings. He flew with Lexus on his foot.