Kabanata 38

This chapter dedicated to Chesca Piosca. Thank you so much for reading my story!

---------

Kabanata 38
Liana

Sa  pagmulat ng aking mga mata, sumalobong ang mga itim na rehas kung saan ako nakakulong. Walang lakas at nanghihina, pinilit kong tumayo at nilibot ang paningin.

After the ride on Captain Nui's ship, I fell asleep. He woke me up when we reached the island of Imperial. The map, I memorized it that's why I knew.

When we reached the Imperial island, Captain Nui ordered me to enter in this wide temple where two big jail is standing not far from each other. He commanded me to enter the one who's empty. The other jail that's not far from where I am is covered with black fabric from it's top to the bottom.

Nasa ilalim pa rin ako ng potion ng mga oras na iyon kaya madali lamang para sa akin na sundin ang Kapitan.

But deep inside me, I badly want to run away. I want to fight him and go back to Elurien. I am sure that Lexus and the whole island is still fighting against Captain Nui's skeleton armies. Because if not, Lex should've come here and rescued me.

I feel no energy, the potion took over my body but now, I know its effect is already gone.

Only small lamps are giving the whole temple a light. No one is inside except for me.

Parang hawla ng ibon ang aking kulungan. This is the jail that Fiodor was talking about. The whole Imperial island is a temple.

Alam ko pa lang noong kinakabisa ko ang mapa, kakaiba ang desinyo ng buong isla.

"Captain Nui! Get me out of here!" I shouted but my voice only echoed on the walls.

Kinalampag ko ang mga rehas pero nagsasayang lamang ako ng natitira kong lakas dahil wala namang nangyayari.

Natuyo na ang aking damit ngunit nakakaramdam pa rin ako ng sobrang lamig.

"Alice? Ikaw ba 'yan?"

A familiar voice also echoed inside the temple. It was almost a whisper but my ears recognized who it is.

"Lica?" I asked.

"Alice, tulungan mo ako. Ayaw ko dito." she said in a pleading voice and my heart was shaken.

Lica, what is she doing here?

"Where are you?" tanong ko.

The black fabric on the next jail fell on the floor and revealed Lica inside of it.

My mouth went agape seeing my friend in her worst situation. She changed a lot!

Halos hindi ko na siya nakilala, kung noong huli naming pagsasama ay payat siya, ngayon ay mas lalo pa siyang pumayat. She became so skinny and her face is full of bruises.

"W-what happened to you?"

Halos mawalan ako ng lakas dahil sa nakakaawang sitwasyon ng kaibigan ko.

"S-she is an evil, Alice! Look what she did to me, she forced me to marry a man and have a child. She killed my whole family and put me in her hands! She wanted a girl child from me as your replacement and will name her Alice. But when I gave birth to a little boy, she tortured me! She did everything she wants; killing the man I married, used me as a subject for her rituals, and even targeted my child as her new puppet!" Lica exclaimed, tears of anger was flowing from her eyes.

Nanikip ang dibdib ko sa narinig. What happened to her? Who did this to the woman I addressed as my own sister?!

"W-who did this to you, Lica...?" nagtitimpi kong tanong.