Chapter 23

Rayyan's POV

That way- Tate McRae

"If you knew you would get this nervous, you should have told her you won't make it" Binta said as she smoothen down my hair

"I'm not nervous" I replied looking at her through the mirror

She looked down at my hand and snorted "Tell that to your fidgeting hands"

I unclasp my hands and put them by my side then took a deep breath.

"This will be good right. The mom won't hate me?

"Now that she'll know you're a rich man? Definitely not" She answered applying more hair oil unto my hair

I glared at her through the mirror and she rolled her eyes

"You know she would prefer a richer version to someone who's just a sales guy for her child Rayyan"

I nodded reasoning her words then she added "And her reputation" and I send her another glare.

The door opened and Sadiq walked in with Fawaz right behind him.

"Getting ready to meet the in laws"

"Talking as if I'm going for introduction"

He leaned against the bedside "Pretty much that. You're introducing yourself as Ammarah's man"

I fixed him with a look and asked "Are you ready?

He motioned to his outfit "Ready as ever. Do you know anyone in Ammarah's house that would like a painting partner? He grinned then shrugged "Just that I don't know painting"

He walked further into the room "I know science though, if she's interested"

Binta smacked his head "Shut up. We all know how many girls you have"

He rubbed the place she slapped and paused his lips "That's because most of them found out my brothers are rich"

I stood up from the vanity stool and adjusted my cap then look back to them specifically asking Binta "How do I look?

She smiled warmly, at that moment reminding me of our mother. The warmth Binta has is the same as that of our mom's

"You look amazing. I want to cry" She dramatically pulled me into a hug and dragged Sadiq into it as well

Sadiq wriggled his way out and sighed "Just because you're the only female doesn't mean you're our mom Binta"

She glared at him and placed a hand on her waist "Only girl in between five boys. I think I deserve to be the mum"

She took ahold of Fawaz's hand and turned "Come down Rayyan, it's getting late"

I nodded and watched her leave then turned to Sadiq "She's doing the best she can. Give her some credit"

He looked genuinely confused then I explained "Our three brothers are stuck with work and our step siblings are all scattered around. The house in sokoto is now a shell of a home. We two are currently what she has, give her space for caring too much"

Sadiq rolled his eyes and wanted to say something but decided against it then turned and walked out of the room.

I watched his back and knows without him even speaking what he wanted to say.

She only have the two of us but now one is leaving.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Sadiq and I pulled in at Ammarah's compound. It was a normal looking terrace that contrast to how I envisioned it. I thought of the house like Ammarah, with flowers and swings and some ridiculous things that explains her fierce personality.