Chapter 19

Ammarah's POV

Love is the answer- Natalie Taylor

"You really are doing this? Rahma looked at me weirdly

I laughed and nodded "I am"

"And does he know?

I jumped off the stool and clasped my hands "No he doesn't. I'm planning to surprise him" I grinned widely and watched as her eyes moisten

"Are you okay? I questioned

She nodded and engulfed me in a hug "You have never been this excited ever since I know you. Rayyan is amazing for making you such a happy person"

I untangled from her hug and smiled at her "Excuse me for a minute"

She nodded and I walked out to our backyard. I found a good spot and sat down watching the grasses.

Am I now a happy person? I questioned it in my head.

Yes I am. I have noticed the changes as well, the way I type with excitement. The way I squeal and jump at the smallest of things. The way smiles get out and laughter escapes. The other day, I even stared at the moon and felt good standing beneath it and marveling at its beauty. I'm turning poetic.

Yet thinking about my life, how everything use to be my parent and their lack of attention made me reason things. These changes weren't gifted to me, they were there all along. Which means I could have still laughed, squealed, watch the moon and smile uncontrollably if I had directed my camera at the right image.

Rayyan didn't change me, Rahma is wrong. Rayyan changed my perspective, I changed my focus from the gloom in my home to him and my perspective changed. I don't even worry about my mom anymore or cry at night over my dad's death or their betrayal.

It's almost like I live through moments and each moment is entirely consumed by Rayyan and my smiles. I'm living happily, intentionally without even knowing it.

At this point, where my main goal is to inform Rayyan about the art exhibition I'm organizing for him, even the idea of finding my real parent got shifted to the side.

And that, scares me.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I walked with a skip to my steps and rounded up the small rocky road that leads to the riverside that Rayyan and I do our painting session.

Rayyan's back came into view as he sat on a rock reading Al-Quran. I walked towards him with a big smile and tilted my head looking at him from the side. When he turned and stared at me, a warm smile graced his face and he gently closed the Quran keeping it in his pocket.

"You're here" Rayyan said and shifted for me to sit.

"Yes I am" I sat down next to him and kept my bag beside him then looked up at his worried face "What is wrong? You look worried" I pointed out and he shook his head

"I want to tell you something"

My heart sank as all sort of thoughts swirled in my head. Is he ending our poetry session? Is he leaving to some place? Is he ending our friendship? If what we have can be called that.

"I also have something to tell you" I said watching his expression

"You do?

I nodded

"Then go ahead"

I shook my head "You say yours first"

He shook his head too "I insist, you go first"