- nineteen

yangyang still felt angry

yangyang still felt angry. nettled. pissed off. why can't honghui just stay away and, like, never come back? it's like he has this power to make yangyang upset and that's it.

to be entirely fair, kun never gave him the reasons why he broke up with honghui. yangyang never asked, questioned him about it more, because he respected that if kun didn't want to tell, he wasn't obligated to. but, he knows for a damn fact that none of those reasons is just about him and only him.

it just doesn't... that doesn't make sense in his head. it's not like kun had already liked him or something while still dating honghui. but, he doesn't even know why or exactly when kun developed feelings for him too before they kissed. yangyang doesn't want to think hard about it all, especially not with the date coming up. the idea of them being together, the possibility of it, didn't seem so out of his reach anymore. it could happen.

once he steps inside of his flat, the jacket yangyang was wearing slips from his shoulders as he lets a sigh slip past his lips. the warmth of his home was comforting, especially as he took his jacket off completely to hang it. kun's absence is a bit surprising at first, but yangyang figures he probably had something to do, like shopping. they did need more food in the flat.

well, that leaves him with something to do. may as well get comfortable.

shoes off and blanket covering him, yangyang peeks his head up from it, looking at the tv. now that he thinks about it, he could play a game and ask if jian or mingli are up to join. obviously, he'd rather play with them than random people he's never met. so, he finds his phone and goes to text them separately. jian's nickname was, as expected, muscle man. jian likes to work out, mingli jokingly called him the nickname, and it just stuck. mingli was merely just li-li.

turns out, jian had to keep an eye on his brothers again but said he could play if they could watch. mingli was too busy with work, which yangyang should've figured. so, he gets on his laptop and calls jian. as soon as his best friend picks up the call, yangyang's hit with the happy voice of jie. yangyang still doesn't know why jie took such a liking to him so quickly enough to declare that he wants to marry him. all because he helped him build a decent sandcastle.

"i wanna talk to him!" yangyang hears jie's voice clearly.

"no, he's my friend — " jian argues. "get your gross hands from my phone, jie!"

"but gege, i wanna talk to him!" jie whines. "and i washed my hands either. they aren't dirty."

yangyang hides his giggle behind his hand. were they actually going to get to playing the game at this point? with the two brother's bickering eventually joined by jin joining in just to spite the both of them, the answer 'yes' seem like a faraway reach. though, the entire thing was fairly entertaining in itself. he reaches out and presses a key on his keyboard, making his lips going into a thin line. though, he did want them to play regardless.

he does hear the door open, revealing kun. he's still wearing a jacket and his hair looks like the wind did a number on it, a soft smile on his face. "yang."

"kun!" yangyang looks away from his laptop to return his smile.

"i went out and got food for us," kun answers, lifting up a plastic bag. he notices the game on the laptop. "i'll leave it on the table for you when you get hungry."

"oh, i'm hungry now," yangyang says before leaning down to talk into his phone that lay on his desk. the smell is tempting. extremely tempting. "sorry, jian. we can play later. i'll go eat instead."

"that's fine! i need to deal with these idiots, anyways," jian retorts before ending with a low groan when jie says, "i'm tellin' ma you said that!"

yangyang laughs before hearing a quick goodbye from jian and then his friend hangs up first. yangyang stands from his desk chair and follows after kun out of his room and into their small kitchen to sit down at the dining table. kun unmasks the containers with the food to them both before remembering about his jacket and standing up to go take it off.

"thanks, by the way," yangyang tells the older. kun gives him a smile that basically says "you're welcome."

when kun comes to sit back down, trying to flatten his hair, yangyang speaks again. "i want to ask you something."

"of course," kun hands yangyang is meal. "what's up?"

"our date," yangyang says a little shyly. he feels little butterflies fluttering around in his stomach. "you know, where we're going for it."

"oh!" kun looks surprised and then a little guilty. "yeah, i haven't thought of it. been distracted with other things."

"it's fine," yangyang reassures him. "i was thinking... bowling, or something. that would be fun for a first date."

kun opens his container and nods, clear interest in his eyes. "i would like that."

"good, bowling it is!" yangyang happily announces and kun hides his laugh behind his hand. "when?"

"this weekend. maybe saturday."

"good. i'll make sure to take off saturday, then."

"okay," kun finally takes a bite of his warm food. it's a satisfying, heavenly taste in his mouth.

after awhile, he glances across the table at yangyang, hearing him hum something while his eyes were closed. kun's heart swells — he wants to kiss him again.

****

the day feels... boring. nothing has happened so far.

kun nods his head along to the music as he drives home. his fingers tap against the steering wheel to the beat. work had been uninteresting as usual and with going back home — the date wasn't til saturday. plus, it's not like he can be around yangyang too long before he has to leave for the night shift.

perhaps he shouldn't selfishly crave for yangyang's attention, but today had been boring yet draining. one of his hugs is bound to make him feel better. they always do.

stepping into his flat is a huge relief, spotting yangyang just walking into the living room. he dashes over to the older to give him a hug then hesitating for a few moments before pressing his lips to his cheek. "how was work?"

"good," kun answers and for a moment, he thought yangyang could be his husband. "how was your day?"

"fine? i didn't do anything," yangyang shrugs, pulling away from kun. "movie before i go?"

kun smiles. "sure."