- eight

yangyang ate well that night

his mood, which had been down in the dumps, had been immediately lifted into the sky. sky's the limit, isn't it? he happily helped kun clean up the dishes before taking a brisk shower just so he could slip into his comfortable pyjamas. he couldn't exactly chill for too long since he had to work tomorrow. the thought hits him when he leaves his bedroom to watch something with kun, and yangyang frowns. oh come on! but his smile returns when he sees kun on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.

"you didn't brush your teeth, did you?" kun questions as he sits down beside him.

"oh, no," yangyang is quick to answer. he was going to right before he went to sleep, like usual, so he didn't think to do it before. luckily, that was a good idea.

"good," kun nods and moves the bowl from his lap to rest it on both of their legs since they were touching. "so, what're we watching?"

"i don't know," yangyang replies honestly. he quickly glances at the blank tv before looking back at kun. "anything?"

"sure," kun replies.

they both move to pick up the remote at the same time, which results in their hands touching. yangyang is quick to retract his hand away, his cheeks dusting a soft pink colour. kun looks almost confused at the action, pushing the remote in his direction. "what're you doing, yang? take it."

"oh, i thought — " yangyang starts in a stammer.

"no, i was just going to give it to you anyways," kun says quickly. "y'know, to find something random to watch."

"oh," yangyang simply says.

for a few moment, they just awkward stare at each other. but yangyang catches when kun soon appears trying to hold back a smile that's strongly fighting back, amusement clear in his eyes. when his smile finally breaks through, yangyang finds himself smiling too. then, they both burst out laughing. what just happened before was utterly stupid, wasn't it?

then, "why was that even funny?" kun questions once their laughter dies down and he's able to take a breather.

"i don't know," yangyang replies cheerfully.

"then why were you laughing?" kun asks while slapping a hand over his mouth to prevent any more laughter from slipping through.

"i only was because you were, gege!" yangyang shoots back before giggling.

then, they were right back to laughing over what was literally nothing. awesome.

it took forever to get to watching a movie with so much time wasted with them laughing for no reason. yangyang went onto a random movie they ended up halfway watching in the end, so there was no real point in choosing one in the first place. the popcorn bowl, however, was nearly gone, the last few bits at the bottom. but it's not long before yangyang starts to drift off. he quickly opens his eyes every time he starts leaning, though, to stay awake.

kun gives in first, his head falling onto yangyang's shoulder, his eyes closing. the younger blushes at the action, fighting between moving his head away or letting kun be. he decides on the latter and tries to focus on the movie while the idea of sleeping becomes more and more tempting. but when he hears light snoring, telling him kun had actually fallen asleep, yangyang finds himself doing the same.

and there they were asleep with kun's head on yangyang's shoulder and yangyang's head resting upon kun's.

****

kun looks up at the ceiling with a bored expression.

maybe it was a bad thing to think of being with his best friend, yangyang, rather than honghui at the current moment. at least it felt like there was never a dull moment with the younger. but honghui? right now, he was looking through his rather large collection of bracelets to find the perfect one to wear. kun didn't find that exactly all that interesting, to say the least.

"maybe this one," honghui mumbles more to himself, picking up a purple and blue one. "my maman did make this one for me."

if honghui's gonna stay occupied with that, kun can busy himself with texting his best friends. he suddenly remembers he only ever told yangyang about the hiking idea and not jian and mingli. that's even more of an excuse. so, he slips his phone from his sweatshirt pocket and starts doing what he decided on.

he doesn't get an immediate reply from jian (nicknamed muscle man) but mingli, despite probably working at the moment, is the first to respond. he's followed by yangyang — or double yang — saying "you already know i'm down!"

kun smiles at that.

"so, which one?" honghui turns around in his seat to show off two different bracelet. "baobei?"

"huh?" kun immediately turns apologetic. "sorry, hong. i was just texting my friends."

"friends?" honghui repeats before an idea appears in his head. "y'know, i never really got to know them, even though we've been together for a long time. who are they again?"

"y'know, yang mingli, lu jian, and liu yangyang," kun answers cheerfully. once his flatmate's name is out of his mouth, the corners of honghui's mouth oddly twitch, as if he was going to frown.

"well, i already met yangyang," honghui says with fake sweetness that kun didn't catch. "he's nice."

a nice little boyfriend stealer, honghui thinks furiously. but he keeps his fake little smile and the attempted shining look in his brown eyes. it's easy — it's so simple to just tell yangyang straight up that kun is his boyfriend. he walks over to where kun is sitting just to press a satisfying kiss to his cheek with a low giggle.

"can i properly meet them?" honghui asks. "like, we all hang out together so they can get to know me better?"

"sure! that sounds like a great idea," kun replies and honghui grins for real.

"i know, it does, doesn't it?" honghui slides his arms around kun's neck and slides into the chair alongside him. "but anyways, what should we do? i'll just pick a bracelet later."

"i don't know, what do you want to do?" kun questions curiously.

get rid of yangyang. "just chill, i guess."

"alright," kun replies with a soft smile before welcoming a kiss from honghui.