- fifteen

sunshine

sunshine.

it was sunny out. yangyang kicks a rock ahead of him, seeing the thing basically slide across the dirt ground before stopping. he finds himself doing it every now and then with the same rock, seeing how far he could kick it before his eyes lose it amongst the ground. eventually, he did.

soon, the land around them grows more and more colourful the further yangyang and kun go. as yangyang looks at the wildflowers beside the trail in the grass, kun randomly slips his hand against his in order to slip his fingers through his. feeling warmth come to his face, yangyang looks at kun in surprise.

"just in case one of us trips, we can hold on to each other," kun smiles. "just to be safe, yang."

yangyang just nods without saying anything else. thinking about possibly tripping on the trail is the last thing on his mind with kun literally holding his hand. but, if neither of them actually end up slipping — which doesn't seem too likely — what's the point? was kun just coming up with a bullshit excuse?

why?

"that's pretty," kun mumbles, stopping on the small bridge. yangyang does too — obviously, with his hand being held — and looks down. underneath was a small stream full of rocks in it and along it, emitting a faint sound. it was pretty, especially with the little wildflowers poking through the rocks and grass, showing off their petals proudly.

"yeah," yangyang says quietly. he knows he has to be blushing.

"wait," kun suddenly says, leading yangyang back down the way they came off the bridge so he can stop closer to the stream. the noise of the water was louder now since they were closer, and yangyang focuses on the gleaming beauty of it due to the sun. "we can probably cross over."

"there's a bridge — " yangyang says before cutting himself off abruptly. "never mind. this is more fun. let go of my hand, though."

kun does, although a little reluctantly. "sorry."

"no, i didn't mind it at all," yangyang quickly says and his angel smiles. it reminds him of that daydream he had, kun smiling at him with a glowing, floating halo above his head. this felt like that dream. a lot. looking back, he spots the smooth, light grey rocks big enough to stand out in the stream. "i just don't wanna cross with someone holding onto me."

"fair," kun nods. "i can go first."

"okay!"

kun makes a little job from the grass and lands on the first some, being careful to keep his two feet close together. the space was small and just the tiniest bit slippery. then, he takes on step onto the other before bringing his second foot with him. kun glances back, grinning.

yangyang returns his grin and moves onto the first rock, taking the time to steady himself. the water is extremely shallow, but getting his shoes wet isn't ideal. then, an idea comes to his head. "can you give me a piggyback ride?"