- seventeen

when yangyang casually invites himself over to jian's place to pass the time — with the information jian's dad was working and his ma took his brothers out — he wasn't expecting to see mingli there, too

"hey," jian greets him, stepping out of the way of the doorway to let yangyang in. he smiles at mingli, who returns it. he had made himself rather comfortable on the couch, basically laying down against it as his arms rested on the top, his legs spread as well.

"you got a day off?" yangyang asks curiously. "you usually — no, always — work on mondays."

"my boss is very nice," mingli grins. "just a simple 'jiejie, i promise i'll work even harder tomorrow' is enough to convince her to let me take off instead of coming in late. plus, i wanted to spend time with jian."

jian, entering the living room where his friends were, goes red. "aiyah, shut up, li-li."

mingli just smirks.

yangyang doesn't bother to question it. not that he can assume much off of this alone.

jian moves to sit next to mingli, who is quick to sneak an arm around his waist. jian doesn't have much of a reaction to it, looking off to the side. yangyang sits on the opposite couch before suddenly sitting up, reaching around to reveal to himself a little toy — a small ball.

"what the — "

"jin must've left that," jian rolls his eyes as he crosses his arms. "ever since ba got the new dog, he's been carelessly leaving things around. he thinks he can convince her to eat his homework."

"the new dog?" yangyang tilts his head to the side as he sits down without feeling a ball hit his behind again. "you got a new dog?"

"yeah! she's awesome," jian beams before clapping his hands. "yaya!"

at the sound of her name, a little white and brown dog runs into the room, wagging her tail as she looks around eagerly. she's tiny.

"she's a little shih tzu," jian mumbles, patting his knee to get yaya to come over to him. she does and happily lets him stroke her head. "ma didn't want a dog at first, but she loves yaya."

he laughs a little and continues to pet her.

yangyang quickly came to know that yaya was a rather affectionate and curious dog. she came to sniff yangyang's feet before letting him pat her little head before she runs off to sit beside jian.

"so, what's happened since the last time we met?" mingli questions, pulling jian closer so his head rested on his shoulder.

"hiking," yangyang answers simply. "more fun than whatever you guys did."

- angel ; kunyangOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara