- ten

honghui looks like steam is pouring from his ears, his face a light shade of red

honghui looks like steam is pouring from his ears, his face a light shade of red. seeing kun holding onto yangyang, pulling him back so his head rested against him... it only made his anger worse. honghui suggested this idea to get it across to kun's friends — especially yangyang — that kun was his and his alone.

his friends are just laughing about it all, even kun was, still holding onto yangyang like he didn't have a boyfriend. with a frown and eyes blazing with anger, honghui stomps over, making sure to clear his voice loudly.

"baobei, you left me," honghui tries putting on a fake sweet voice. to his luck, it works, kun slowly (when honghui would've preferred immediately) pulls away from yangyang. when kun's flatmate notices him, his smile fades. "i ended up not even ordering from that place. it cost too much."

"oh, sorry about that," kun mumbles a little half-heartedly. weirdly enough, to yangyang, he really didn't sound genuine. honghui comes over to wrap his arm around his and kiss his cheek, making sure to glare at yangyang afterwards.

"can you get me a pretzel?" honghui says in a sickly sweet voice that makes jian duck under the table to gag. "i'm hungry too, y'know."

"fine, just tell me which one you want," kun mumbles as honghui leads them away, the couple joining the small line at the front.

jian isn't keen on hiding his dislike. "i still firmly believe that honghui's a bitch."

"don't say that," yangyang snaps, though he barely sounds like he means it.

"why do you keep trying to defend him?" mingli hisses. "from what you're telling us, honghui is trying his fucking hardest to wedge through your and kun's relationship purely out of jealousy because he sees you as a rival for kun's affections. despite already dating him, he still thinks he can take kun away from him.

"he was literally glaring daggers into you just now and being all touchy with kun just to rub it in," mingli continues on. "him being jealous is never an excuse for being a bitchy person to you, yangyang. just because he takes the role of kun's boyfriend, doesn't mean you can constantly 'defend' him. grow yourself a spine, you idiot."

yangyang lets those words sink in, feeling his eyes start to water. he really doesn't want to be here anymore after what mingli had said. he shakes his head, feeling the tears start to fall. why does he cry so much? with a trembling bottom lip and a, "you're right", yangyang is quick to leave, stepping out in the drizzle outside.

why was yangyang so intent on not hearing his friends insult honghui? he was with kun in the same shop as them and kun wouldn't react well to his own friends insulting his boyfriend like that... but yangyang didn't like honghui as much as the other despised him. perhaps it's because he's the one making kun happy and it just doesn't feel right to....

to what? come to terms with the truth in what mingli said?

yangyang can't think as he aimlessly keeps walking through the rain, wiping his tears. though, most of the time, he couldn't tell if he was wiping away those tears or rain water since the downpour became much more harder, starting to affect his vision a little. he just needs time to think, to be alone... maybe he'll come to his senses better.

yangyang finds a bench to sit on, helping him to just watch others run past to try and find cover, some even having umbrellas luckily on them. everything happened so quick. jian's probably looking for him now and he can already hear the complaints he'll throw his way, saying how cold it is and how dumb it was to just run off like that.

the last person he expected to find him was kun.

his angel, the man he had fallen in love with. somehow, the rain seemed to slowly ease off when kun appeared, running a hand through his wet hair. "yang, why did you leave?"

yangyang can hardly bring himself to meet his eyes. his eyes still sting with past tears and any words he had to say dies right in his throat. he didn't have the heart to tell kun the truth he deserves to know. kun tilts his head to the side, blinking. the rain has quieted down now.

"i — " yangyang starts but hangs his head. he doesn't want to mention that it's because of honghui.

kun sighs before sitting down next to him, hooking an arm around him to pull him closer, yangyang's head falling onto his shoulder. "listen, yang, you don't have to tell me, okay? just know that if you ever need me, i'm here for you."

"t-thanks," yangyang mumbles. kun's comforting words and smile can do wonders. when he remembers mingli's words, he feels the tears start to come back. not just what he said, but also the fact this is one of the reasons why he's in love with kun in the first place. if only he wasn't still stupidly head over heels for him, this wouldn't be such a big issue.

"shh," kun pats his head. "it's alright, yangyang."

yangyang eventually stops, simply sniffing into kun's shirt, feeling bad for getting it even more wet. but kun doesn't complain. that's just how he is. then, kun says something he doesn't expect.

"hong was excluding you, wasn't he?"

"huh?"

"you barely spoke and when you did, he talked over you," kun frowns. "i'll talk to him about that, okay? that's ridiculous."

yangyang doesn't know how to respond, but he feels thankful as his heart swells. he just nuzzles into the warmth of kun's shirt. then, lips lightly brush over his ear, making the younger nearly jump out of kun's one-arm embrace. he pulls away a bit, however, meeting kun's eyes. his face seemed closer then before.

kun seem to suddenly pause, as if the words he meant to say couldn't come up. then, he blinks, shakes his head, and says, "want to go to the arcade?"

and so, they went.

yangyang's mood was gradually lifted even more. they went from game after game, kun pretty much beating him every single time but giving all his tickets to yangyang, nonchalantly saying he didn't want them.

eventually, they came across a claw machine. yangyang felt tempted, but reminded himself that he never has any luck with them. he clutches his (kun's rightly earned) tickets to his chest, airily saying, "there's a racing game over there...."

"no, no, you want something," kun gestures toward the claw machine. "if it makes you feel better, i don't mind, really."

yangyang swear he might just burst. the butterflies in his stomach were having a field day. "okay."

kun, of course, starts off. surprisingly, he didn't seem to have luck. each time, he took care to gingerly bring the claw to where he wanted to go, bringing the claw down to close around the cat plushie both of them had their eyes on, only for it to drop it at the last second. after kun's fourth try, he seemed intent on giving up and moving on but yangyang shyly mumbled, "let me try, gege."

so, kun lets him. "go ahead."

yangyang inserts a coin given to him from kun, takes a deep breath, cracks his knuckles, and tries it out. the claw slides across and stops right above the cat stuffed animal and as if everything went in slow motion, the claw goes downward. it closes around the cat tightly before lifting it up. firmly in the machine's grasp, yangyang makes the claw move and move until the cat was won.

yangyang had actually managed to win a claw machine.

yangyang takes it out, his eyes shining as he holds the brown, striped cat stuffed animal in his free hand, pressing it to kun's chest. "you can have this, kun. take it as payback for making my day better."

kun smiles, taking the cat to hug the plushie close to him with a big grin. "thanks, yangyang."

yangyang pats his shoulder. "you're welcome, kun."

and for a few moments, their eyes meet. they don't look away, just smiling at each other.