- twelve

kun finds himself sticking to yangyang a lot more than usual

kun finds himself sticking to yangyang a lot more than usual. he doesn't really have a reason for it, but he likes just being around him more. sure, they are literally flatmates — people who live together — but he just recently realises their time together still felt limited until kun started blowing off honghui to be with him.

rubbing sleep from his eyes, kun stumbles out of his room, his nose picking up a new smell in the air. yangyang was cooking. following the smell while half-sleep, he wonders into the kitchen, blinking a few times. yangyang moves two fried eggs from the pan onto a plate before turning to grin at kun.

"morning, gege!" he says with an ecstatic tone as his eyes shone. "i'm making eggs, obviously."

"i see," kun returns the other's smile. "were you going to make toast? i can do that."

"oh, i was going to do it myself, anyway," yangyang turns off the stove before grabbing onto the handle of the pan. "you made a whole dinner for me before. let me do this for you, kun."

kun looks hesitant, but eventually gives in.

the couch feels nice when he sinks down into it, planning to turn on the tv while also itching to watch yangyang cook. so, he gives into his urge.

the pan's in the sink, two pieces of bread being slotted into the toaster. yangyang was humming something under his breath as he slid the button down to toast the slices of bread. kun couldn't help but to keep looking, tilting his head to the side.

yangyang was just... lovely, wasn't he?

he had noticed the younger growing more happy ever since kun was spending a lot more time with him over the past few days. even if kun was moody, as he was still annoyed over the issue with honghui, yangyang didn't complain about it nor seem upset himself. he just stayed a good friend, comforting him and... isn't that the same thing kun does for him whenever he's down? it really goes both way, huh?

now — maybe kun never paid attention much — but yangyang has a nice smile. plus, has yangyang always had a habit of humming songs while dancing around? it kind of looks like he's got a dance in his step as he waits for the toast to be done. for a moment, yangyang's nose scrunches up briefly and kun finds that... cute.

well, moving on —

the toast pops upwards and yangyang whips around to face the source of the noise. "okay, gege, now i'm done."

he smiles at kun again and kun finds himself smiling back along with a fuzzy feeling in his heart.

breakfast was simple yet delicious. their plates were basically wiped close but for a few crumbs around the same time although awhile after the meal had first been made. they had spent most of the time talking rather than eating.