chapter 16

I scribble something down on the paper before putting their names on it before leaving the place where I was happy for the first time in my life...

Zayn's pov

It's very weird for me to be the first one who's awake but for some reason I couldn't sleep anymore. I walk down the stairs while letting out a yawn, weird I'm still tired but just can't sleep.

When I walk into the kitchen the first thing I notice is the half full glass of water standing on the kitchen table, next to are two notes. My eyes widen as I notice that one of them is the note that Liam and I found outside.

Liam didn't want to show Louis because he thought that it would scare him too much, I on the other hand thought that it was smart to talk to him about it but after Liam explained some more I gave in...

I walk closer to the table and slowly reach my hand out to the other note almost as if it will shock me if I touch it. My fingers grip onto the paper as I bring it closer to me to read the messy words writing on it.

My heart feels like it stops beating, I should have listened to myself about having to tell Louis. This is my fault. I clasp my hand over my mouth in a desperate attempt to stop my sobs as I reread the note in the hope that I just imagined it.

I was happy here but I can't make you live with a burden like me.

I'm sorry.

I love all of you even if you don't love me.

I don't want you guys to get hurt just for having me around, I'm not worth it.

Goodbye.

Please don't forget me.

It was obvious that he was crying by the water smudged ink and the obvious shaky hand writing. Tears stream down my face like angry rivers, I can't believe that he's gone to him to keep us safe.

Poor poor Louis cared so much that he didn't think twice about possibly getting himself killed to keep us safe... because he loved us, he loved us even though he thought that we didn't.

I couldn't keep my shaky body up anymore, I let myself fall to my knees as I hug the note close to my chest and cry my heart out, holding the note as if it was Louis.

"Zayn we got called into work, Oh my love are you ok?" I look up the see the blurry faces of Liam, Harry and Niall through my tears, I shake my head and hold out the note to them with shaky hands. They take the note and read it leaving the room in a horrible silence.

I watch from the ground as Niall and Liam's faces turn from shocked to sad while Harry seems almost scared, by the end Niall and Harry are crying uncontrollably like I was just seconds ago. While Liam just looks like he's about to throw up.

Liam eyes turn to me with nothing but grief in his eyes "W-we got called into work. T-they found a body in the park." My eyes widen as I shake my head "N-No It's not right?!" My heart feels like it's going to shatter as Liam shakes his head while a tear runs down his cheek.

"They s-said that it was a male teenager with brown hair." Liam says slowly before breaking down as well "It's my fault Zayn! I should have listened to you! We should have told him! That way we could have hugged him again."

"I-It's not your fault Liam, we should go look... it might not be him?" I say trying to sound hopeful but I failed horribly because I can just feel that it's Louis. It feels like a light has left the earth... has left us and will never fill our hearts with its love, kindness and light.

"Y-yeah let's go I guess." Harry says in a soft voice as he holds onto Niall tightly. We all walk out of the door in silence. I climb into the passenger's seat and immediately zone out.

I can't believe that we broke our promise to keep him safe, I will miss his shy smile and soft eyes of disbelieve when getting shown affection. He was such an amazing boy that deserved more love and kindness than what he was shown... and now he might be gone.

I feel the car come to a halt and I look up to see that we have arrived at the crime scene, I look over at Liam to see that he has a look on his face that I've never seen before, it's a mix of fear and grief as if he knows that it's Louis.

"I'm scared." I hear Niall whisper out softly and I nod slowly at his words feeling the exact same. I am the first to open my door and the rest follows immediately.

We walk up to the yellow tape in silence and as we are let through time seems to slow down and the body seems miles away, each step feels heavy.

The closer I get to the body the more tears steam down my face. My world seems to stop as I finally lay my eyes on the body, tears steam down my cheeks as I let my eyes roam the body of the boy.

The face is horribly beaten up and cut in places making it impossible to recognise, the body was small and slightly curvy in the hip area like Louis was. The body too was a horrifying blue and almost black colour with words messily carved into it.

The body made it impossible to recognise if it was Louis, however one of the items next to the body made it quite clear...

The green Adidas sweater covered in blood.

The boy...

Was Louis...

Welllllll are you sad?

~~~Renée

the lonely boyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara