chapter 14

I feel Liam lean down slightly as he presses his lips to my forehead "I promise to always keep you safe little dove, nothing will happen to you as long as we are around. We protect what we love."

...We protect what we love... They love me? They love a freak like me?

Louis' pov

I was woken up by the sound of laughter feeling confused as of why I was asleep, the last thing I remember is being in Liam's arms. Oh god I fell asleep in his arms didn't I?! This is so embarrassing.

The laughter dies down slightly and I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and my door flies open to reveal a bright smiling Zayn. "Hey Louis I came to wake you up for dinner! Seems like shopping with Liam and Harry really tired you out huh? Do you feel any better after your nap?"

I nod slowly "Yeah the bed is so comfortable. Zayn can I maybe uhm ask something?" Zayn gets a worried look on his face and nods "Of course you can Louis."

I look down at my hands to scared to look at Zayn's face while asking this. "Is Liam angry at me for falling asleep on him? I swear that I did not mean to that but I was just so tired!" Zayn coos and sits down next to me on the bed.

"Sweetheart Liam would never be mad because of something like that and besides he took a nap with you. When Niall and I came home we found him here sleeping with you wrapped in his arms, it was really cute. So I have a hard time believing that he would mind at all." I can't help but blush at that "He cuddled me?" I ask softly.

Zayn nods "I have never been cuddled before." I say softly in shook making Zayn coo again. "Aw sweetheart any of us will cuddle you whenever you ask us! You could literally wake us up for it if you want. But I wouldn't wake me because I can be a bit cranky sometimes but even then I would still love to cuddle you even though I'm being a cranky idiot."

I smile at Zayn a real smile for one of the first times, I feel so happy when around these people, they make me feel safe and loved. The words that Liam said come up in my head again, I'm still unable to actually believe that.

"Zayn? Liam said that he loved me? Is that true because I just can't believe he could love someone like me." Zayn tilts his head "Someone like you?" He asks me in a curious voice. "An unlovable freak like me."

Zayn gasps "You are not a freak sweetheart! Whoever made you think that was wrong!" I shrug at Zayn's words "Linda would always tell me while I would be getting punished." My mind fills with horrible memories, my body starts shaking with fear.

"Louis, Louis sweetheart calm down you are safe here! Look at me you're ok you are with us now, no one will hurt you." I look into Zayn's eyes and feel a sense of calmness come over me, I don't know what I'm thinking but I dive straight into him and hold him close to me as if I'm scared that he will leave which to be honest I really am.

"Please don't ever leave me! I don't want to be lonely again." Zayn wraps his arms around me and rubs my back "It will all be ok sweetheart. You will always have us, we will keep you safe and as Liam said we love you and we really mean it."

Zayn kept holding me until I calmed down, which I really appreciate. I pull back from Zayn's arms "T-thank you." Zayn smiles and ruffles my hair "No problem we are your guardians after all that's our job." I get a weird feeling as Zayn says that, I don't understand what I'm feeling but I don't think that I like it.

"Well let's go down stairs and eat some dinner!" Zayn says as he gets off my bed pulling me with him in a gentle manner. We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where the table is beautifully made with all these types of food.

I look over at Harry who is looking at me with a shy smile on his face almost as if he's scared that I won't like it. "I didn't know what you wanted to eat or what you liked so I made a bit of everything but if you don't like anything of this I can maybe make something else what you will like." I give Harry a gentle smile "It looks amazing thank you Harry but I really don't mind I eat everything I'm really not picky so no need to worry."

"Wow that the longest sentence he has said yet!" Niall gasps out making me chuckle a bit, he is right though. I guess I have grown way more comfortable around them and that sort of scares me. "Niall that's a bit rude but it's true none the less" Liam says giving me a wink.

"Ok ok come on sit down so we can finally eat! I'm so hungry!" Niall practically yells out making Zayn scoff "Niall you literally ate all of the left over doughnuts before leaving the precinct. I can't help but giggle at that and Niall's face.

As I stop giggling I notice all eyes on me and all of them coo making me blush like a crazy. "So cute" I hear Niall mumble making me blush even more as I sit down at the table in the hope they will all just forget it and start eating. Which thankfully happened.

The food was amazing it really was!

"I also made desert." Harry mumbles out looking a bit insecure again which is honestly quite cute. "OHHHH what did you make?!" Niall asks with clear enthusiasm on his face.

"I made tiramisu." Harry says looking a bit less insecure as he notices Niall's enthusiasm. "Oh Lesbian pudding! I flipping love lesbian pudding I-" I didn't hear the rest of Niall's story as my eyes fall on movement outside of the house in the backyard...

IDK it's kinda boring but cute I guess

~~~Renée