chapter 20

I rush over to him and fall down onto my knees next to him. I check him for his pulse and my blood runs cold, with shaking hands I take the walkie-talkie out of my belt "Harry here w-we will need paramedics in here." My voice breaks multiple times, as I'm done talking I drop the phone and gather Louis into my arms, not caring about the blood "Please, please no. I promised..."

Louis' pov

I groan as an annoying beeping sound wakes me up, I don't want to wake up yet but the sound of gasps makes me jump and my heart races scared of the person that's there, I open my eyes but can't see anything due to the blinding light, blinking at the sudden light.

Once my eyes are used to the light I notice Liam, Niall, Harry and Zayn standing around my bed with wide eyes and big, nervous smiles. Zayn is the first to break the silence making me jump slightly as I didn't expect it "How are you feeling Louis?" His voice is very soft making me calm down slightly. "I-I don't know my body hurts... Is he gone?" My hands start shaking as I think of him.

"Yeah he is, we got him and he will never be near you again." Harry says in a rather shaky voice. I move my eyes over to him and run it over his face and I can see his red eyes and dried tear streaks that run down his cheeks I tilt my head slightly, confused as to why he looks like that. He couldn't possibly this emotionally because of me right?

I take my eyes off of Harry and finally look around the room to realize that I'm in a hospital room "I am safe?" I ask slowly not fully believing that I'm not hallucinating. I had not noticed that I was lost in thought until a hand was placed on my cheek making me flinch back harshly. "Shh you are safe Lou, he will never come near you again we will make sure of that, I promise." Liam says as he places his hand on my cheek again, this time I don't flinch but instead I look up at him with big eyes.

"That means that you will take me back?" Liam's eyes widen "yes of course we will! What made you think that we wouldn't take you back with us? You will always have a home with us." This makes my eyes tear up "Really? C-can I have a hug please?" Liam gives me a soft smile before gently wrapping his arms around me careful to not hurt my already hurting body even more.

And in that moment I feel safe, I feel safe, I feel like a belong, I feel at home.

Liam carefully let's go of me again "You have been out for several days, when we found you we believed that you were not going to make it but thankfully you are still here, we wouldn't have known what to do without you." Harry says with a weak smile on his face "I was so scared, I was scared to lose you Lou. You deserve the world and I couldn't ever forgive myself if I didn't try to give you just that." Harry takes my hand in his "I promise that I will do everything for your happiness, I will even get you the moon if that means that you are happy."

I bring my shaky hand up to Harry's cheek and softly lay it on his cheek and he leans in slightly "I am happy as long as you want me and as long as you're happy, your happiness will always go before mine." I give him a smile as he shakes his head slightly he is about the say something but a knock on the door interrupts him. My heart starts beating faster, scared of who is on the other side of the door.

The door opens and a sweet looking lady steps into the room "Oh hello dear! You finally woke up! How are you feeling?" She gives me a wide smile "I-I feel ok, my body does hurt still and I'm a bit tired." She nods and writes that down on the clipboard that's next to my bed.

"That's normal dear! You have been through a lot after all. You have quite a few injuries but otherwise you do seem healthy. You could go home if you promise to take it easy and not leave your bed or couch for anything but bathroom breaks." I look at her with wide eyes "I promise!"

The woman chuckles and turns towards the boys and hands Niall a tub of pills "Give this to him 3 times a day with food, it's for his pain but will make him feel sick if he takes it on an empty stomach." Niall turns at the woman and she turns back to me "I think that you will be fine to go home but I would suggest that you go and see a therapist to talk about what happened, I know that you don't feel like you need it right now but believe me it's better to seek help because the memories won't just go away."

I nod at her words not really taking her serious I mean I'm fine right? I'm alive?

Zayn had pushed me to the car in a wheelchair, I wanted to complain but I didn't want to be even more difficult than I already was. The car ride home was fast and I couldn't really focus on what was being talked about.

Once we were home Niall helped me up to my room so I could rest for a bit, I watched as Niall walked away, the words please stay were at the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't get myself to ask it. As Niall closes the door behind him my heart beat gets faster and I feel watched like he is in every corner of my room.

My body starts hurting more and more, I feel his hands on my body and at one point I was sure that I saw him standing next to my bed. As paranoid as I was my tiredness won and I slowly fell into a terror filled sleep.

What's up yall! That's a new chapter! I know that I was gone... again but believe me I have been very busy. Please let me know what you think of this chapter!

~~~Renée