Chapter 25 | Finally Together and Safe

Nie Mingjue and Jiang Fengmian returned to the city with the prisoner, and Lan Xichen began to destroy the remaining and weakened empire of the mafia leader, which quickly collapsed like a castle of cards after the loss of their leader. It was then that Wei Changze and Lan Xichen learned the dark secret of Xu Kai: long ago, his father was a member of the alpha team that attacked Lan Zhan's empire and kidnapped the omegas, while the others were all killed.

After Lan Zhan was in human form again, Wei Changze told him not only what had yet been revealed about Xu Kai's past, but also the good news, what Lan Zhan had longed for. - The Mafia leader is dead; the monster, that is, he killed him.

That day, Lan Zhan didn't spend much time in the castle. He preferred to be in the forest, as long as the curse allowed him to. The alpha had the idea that when they return to the two omega, he would take Wei Ying to one of his favorite places where a little surprise would await the omega. He wanted to celebrate this good news only with the omega.

When it was getting dark, Lan Zhan had just returned to the castle. He headed for the prison to lock himself up behind bars for the night again.

As an alpha, he was not in danger of perceiving the intensified, inviting smell of omega caused by his heat, as he was far enough away from Wei Ying. In addition, his friends and beta doctors made sure that not only he but other alphas could not smell the omega's strong scent. The parents made sure Wei Ying could be completely safe under his heat. But from a certain danger, even Wei Ying's parents couldn't do too much, just Lan Zhan. And that was nothing but the curse of the alpha.

Because as Lan Zhan becomes a monster, his sense of smell becomes much stronger. Moreover, this time there were no alphas to suppress even the faintest whiff of omega, as last time. Precisely for this reason, in order not to lose control and harm Wei Changze or others, Lan Zhan had to lock himself behind bars again for the night while the curse was active. He didn't want to risk anything. Wei Changze was well aware of this danger. He only stayed there with the young alpha to take care of him until then, and not to let Lan Zhan back to the house, especially not near his son.

-------------------------

Just a few days later, Wei Changze finally got good news from his partner as well. Wei Ying's heat was gone, and his condition had not worsened in the meantime. After the news, Wei Changze also decided to share his news with her, which the omega had been waiting to hear for a very long time.

After they finished the call, Wei Changze then informed his friends and walked to the prison. As it was evening, the alpha knew he would find Lan Zhan in his cell. As he walked down the cold corridor, he expected the monster to be irritated. But much to Wei Changze's surprise, the monster seemed completely calm when he saw him. The monster sat on the ground and watched the moon through the small lattice window on the wall.

"Lan Zhan..." - the alpha said to the monster as he looked at him. - "My partner just informed me that Wei Ying's condition has returned to normal."

"Is he well then?" the monster asked, then slowly stood up.

"Yes, he is fine. So you can come out of here now, and if you want you can come back with me to see him."

The monster nodded his head.

Wei Changze opened the door for him, and then they set out into the night, so that they could be there again by dawn by their omega.

Because Cangse Sanren had called her partner in the evening and told him of Wei Ying's condition, when the monster and Wei Changze finally arrived at the house, Wei Ying was still fast asleep. When the two alphas arrived at the house, the monster had to stay outside, though not for long, and wait until he was back in human form.