Chapter 23 | After the secret was out

After Lan Zhan told him about his dark past, his curse, and the witch's words, Lan Zhan fell silent. Then the room fell silent.

Lan Zhan waited impatiently for the omega to speak. He was just waiting for Wei Ying to destroy him with cold words. He was prepared that Wei Ying would shout at him for being deceived by those he trusted.

But none of it happened.

When Wei Ying looked at him again, there was determination in his eyes, but no anger or rejection

When Wei Ying looked at him again, there was determination in his eyes, but no anger or rejection. He pulled his hand out of the alpha's hand, then instead grabbed the alpha's wrist with both hands and pressed the alpha's palm onto his own chest. Lan Zhan looked into Wei Ying's eyes incomprehensibly.

"Lan Zhan, do you remember what I said when we were at the pavilion?"

"Yes, I remember." the alpha replied obediently.

"Then you know you have nothing to fear. ... Because this heart is yours, beating only for you. I have fought death just to be with you again." - he put down the alpha's hand, but did not let go. - "Man or monster ... whatever you are, I love you. With or without a curse, I accept you because I see what others cannot. You are different. You're powerful because of the curse, but that doesn't make you evil, because you don't let it make you evil. Even after the curse, you could remain human, even when you were in the form of a monster. That makes you different and better than the other alphas... because your heart is gold. And that's why I love you. ... And this curse you have on you has never made you a true monster. Anyone who sees you as such doesn't see what I see—that you're still there behind the darkness. You are still you." said Wei Ying.

"But your heart is also truly made of gold, .. if you don't hate me for keeping secrets from you." said Lan Zhan.

At this, Wei Ying smiled a little for a short while, then looked at the alpha again.

"Yes. ... Well, .. I'm not angry with you, Lan Zhan. I know, I can see it in your eyes... that you only did this because you were afraid."

"You see it well... I was afraid. I was afraid that if I told you this, especially when we first talked, you would pull away from me or be afraid of me. And as time went on, it became even harder for me to tell you the truth. I didn't want you to reject me because of my curse." said Lan Zhan.

"I wouldn't have done that. But this time, it hurt me a little. Because when you started to say that, I realized that maybe the reason you didn't say it to me a long time ago was because you didn't trust me enough. But now, ... now it's all right." said Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan's face lit up with relief. His eyes were shining again with the happiness he felt.

"Thank you, thank you for forgiving me for this."

"But, ..." - said the omega, a little seriously - "if you keep secrets from me again, or if I find out that you're not telling me something, then I won't talk to you until you're honest with me again. Okay?" asked the omega.