Chapter 5 | The Lycan Curse

As the evening approached, Lan Zhan was forced to leave Wei Ying's room. No matter how much his heart ached because he had to move away from the omega, Lan Zhan couldn't do anything else. He didn't want Wei Ying to find out his terrible dark secret.

When Lan Zhan felt the raging force and flaming anger growing inside him, he could do nothing else. He stormed out of the room and hurried toward the prison. Meanwhile, Xiao Xingchen tried to find an explanation for Lan Zhan's behavior and keep the anxious Wei Ying in the room so he wouldn't run after Lan Zhan.

Arriving at the prison, Song Lan was already there waiting for him. They walked down the hall, Lan Zhan went into the cell and put the handcuffs on his wrists with the help of Song Lan. Song Lan then went out and closed the cell door. Another hellish night came for Lan Zhan. Song lan could not see or hear his friend's suffering. He walked out of the tower with heartache in his chest.

Lan zhan's transformation was not painless, but after many years, he had learned to endure the agony without crying out in pain. But tonight, he roared. But not because of the pain that tormented his body, but his soul — caused by distance from the omega. Lan Zhan felt a bond between him and Wei Ying. Through this, he felt what Wei Ying did. - fear. Lan Zhan wanted to reassure him, but he couldn't, and that's why he was furious.

Lan Zhan always growled or moaned after major bone fractures. When the transformation was over, Lan Zhan was no longer a human, but a bloodthirsty, powerful giant monster, - a lycan. The sound of angry growls and chain rattles broke the grave silence in the room. His few hours of trying to escape failed, the monster sat wearily on the floor and looked at the wall. His thoughts constantly revolved around only one person. The person he recently rescued. Although his memories in human form were not left to him when he was a monster, he still remembered one thing - a name. He tried to pronounce the name softly, with a deep voice.

"Wei .. Ying .... Wei .. Ying" - a scent hit his nose - a mixture of strawberries and vanilla. In monster form, his sense of smell was much stronger. The monster inhaled the air mixed with the smell of omega as he closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep.

Again, he was tormented by a nightmare that was none other than his past. The day he got the curse and what ruined his life. Ever since his every day has become gray, colorless, lifeless.

................

/ Flashblack /

The tragedy - the Lycan curse happened decades ago...

Lan Zhan was a huge alpha leader. There was no alpha in his realm who could defeat him. Other alphas feared him, the betas honored him, while the few omega worshiped him.

Although Lan Zhan was famous, he was lonely.

Lan Zhan was alone, there was no one left for him, he lost his parents as a child

Lan Zhan was alone, there was no one left for him, he lost his parents as a child. He was never in love, nor was he looking for it. Because of his cold nature, he had no friends for a long time. Only two betas held out next to him; Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen were the closest to him, almost like his brothers. Lan Zhan lived like a king, without enemies.