Chapter 12 | Sparks of Hope

After the events, Lan Zhan insisted that he be free again after a long time after being transformed. All he wanted was for one thing. - He wanted to hunt.

But that was not the only thing he had changed.

Lan Zhan did not want the tragedy that happened to the omega to be repeated, so he took precautions. He called the two betas into his room, closed the door. Then the alpha started again what he had been doing for a long time.He acted as a strict and tough alpha. The two betas stopped in the middle of the room and listened intently to what Lan Zhan said.

"As long as that freak walks out there somewhere, I won't sit here and wait. Especially I won't wait until tonight. So I decided to go into the woods during the day from now on. As long as that monster is alive. And you two are going to take care of Wei Ying here." said Lan Zhan.

Xiao Xingchen remained silent, but as soon as he sensed that the omega's freedom might be in danger, he could not leave it without a word.

"But you can't force him to be in his room all day, Lan Zhan. I know you just want to protect him, but that wouldn't be a good solution." - said Xiao Xingchen. He suspected some bad things. - "That's not what you're planning, is it?"

"No, of course not. I don't even want to do that to him." - he replied, but Xiao Xingchen didn't seem to believe his words completely. - "But if he leaves the castle and goes out, one of you, -when I'm not with him, - must always go with him. Out there, he should never be alone. .. I don't want him to get hurt again." - Lan Zhan was silent for a short time. - "But the most important thing is that none of you let Wei Ying out of his room or into the yard at night." - the alpha commanded.

"If he wouldn't lock the omega up all day, but in the evening he would instruct him to do so?" thought Song Lan.

"Did you both understand?" asked Lan Zhan.

Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan nodded silently. They both thought the same thing when they looked at each other:

"The old Lan Zhan, ... the cold-hearted alpha leader is back."

While Lan Zhan recited the instructions, Wei Ying stood at the door of the room and listened

While Lan Zhan recited the instructions, Wei Ying stood at the door of the room and listened. But he didn't stay there long, after a short time he snuck back into his room.

Wei Ying planned that, despite what the alpha said, he would go into the woods tonight to see the monster again. For what he saw in the monster's eyes, (after the monster rescued him again,) has not left Wei Ying calm since. He wanted to know the answer to his question - Why were those eyes so familiar to him?

As the evening approached, Lan Zhan left, and Song Lan checked the rooms of the castle and closed the windows. Meanwhile, Xiao Xinghcen had a little chat with Wei Ying in the living room. Time passed quickly.

When the castle darkened and fell silent, and apparently everyone was already asleep, Wei Ying got up. He sneaked to the door and closed it softly, so the white bunny could be safe in his room and couldn't run away, unlike him.. Then he went to the window, and as quietly as he could, he climbed out of it. Fortunately, his room was downstairs, so he didn't have to worry about his leg being injured while jumping.