Chapter 19 | Tragedy of Withering Rose

The pain did not leave Lan Zhan, but he was not going to slow down this time. He just kept running. While running, Lan Zhan noticed that he was not the only one running where the omega was taken.

A black wolf also ran a short distance from him among the trees. But then suddenly the wolf slowed down when he sensed the danger. Therefore, he changed direction and moved away from the alpha. But the wolf's act unfortunately distracted the alpha at the wrong time.

For as Lan Zhan got closer and closer to the group, one of the alpha heard Lan Zhan approaching them. The man lagged behind the group. He waited until Lan Zhan got close enough to him. When Lan Zhan slowed down for a moment, he suddenly fired one shot and moments later another.

* Bang ... * Bang...

"Aaaaaahh!!!"

The sound of the shots echoed through the night, followed by a loud and painful roar.

The alpha team stopped at the sound and looked back. The man who until then had only been holding the omega's arm, now put his arms around Wei Ying's neck and waist from behind. Then, led by the beta, they all walked over to the alpha who fired the shots. Only then did they realize what had happened. Wei Ying could hardly believe his eyes.

Lan Zhan was half-kneeling on the ground

Lan Zhan was half-kneeling on the ground. The shots hit Lan Zhan's shoulder and leg. He pressed his palm to his wound, but little blood flowed down between his fingers. Lan Zhan looked up at Wei Ying with a painful look as he felt the closeness of omega.

"No! ... Lan Zhan!" the omega cried out in horror and despair as he tried unsuccessfully to free himself from the cold iron grip of the alpha.

"Well, well, .. who wants to play a hero here?" the beta took a few steps towards Lan Zhan.

"Let me show you ...-" Lan Zhan tried to catch the beta, but one of the alphas knocked him down. Lan Zhan fell back to the ground and moaned loudly in pain again.

"No, no, stop don't hurt him, please!" begged Wei Ying.

"You know what happens to heroes, don't you?"

Jin Guangyao pulled out the gun and nailed it to Lan Zhan. But before he could pull the trigger, Wei Ying stopped him.

"NOOO!! Please don't!! Don't shoot him!! Please!!" shouted Wei Ying.

The voice of the frightened omega was listened to Jin Guangyao with joy. He liked the power he had then and there over the alphas and omega.

"So, .. that alpha would be so important to you, huh?" he asked with pity.

Jin Guangyao put down his weapon and walked over to Wei Ying. He stroked his face with his index finger which Wei Ying wore in disgust and with his head turned away while Lan Zhan growled deeply.

"It would be better for you to forget him. You only belong to Xu Kai and nobody else. You'd better remember that." said Jin Guangyao.

" said Jin Guangyao