Chapter 50

"So this is Ray's bedroom, huh," Zack said as he entered the locked room after putting the letter on the door that caused it to open. He walked in as he looked around the room to see blue and white flowers. He went to grab a white rose and suddenly threw it in annoyance.

"Jesus is everything fake in this place!"

-----

"C'mon. (Y/N)... Rachel... Let's head downstairs back to the room or else." Danny threatened them with a smile. (Y/N) hesitated before heading back while grabbing Rachel's small hand while Danny followed behind them with a victorious smile.

"We have no choice but to do as Danny said for now. Rachel, you have to tell me what's going on."

-----

Back to Zack, a small TV suddenly flickered on and revealed the news on the screen. Zack was curious and headed towards it as he listened to it attentively.

"... this house, where police responded to a report from locals to discover the bodies of Mr. and Mrs. Gardner."

Zack looked closely at the two pictures of the couple shown on the news. They were the same couple from the picture frame Zack had encountered earlier.

"The bodies were riddled with both knife wounds and bullet holes, leading to the conclusion that they were murdered. About a week had passed since their deaths, and the physical damage was severe. The bodies had been unnaturally sewn together with thread."

"Sewn together with thread?" Zack said with a confused face.

"The couple's daughter, Rachel Gardner, was found unharmed near their bodies. She was escorted to safety, but her behavior suggests a state of confusion, which..."

He kept hearing and by the second, his face showed disgust and shock. Not only was it because of Rachel's horrifying actions, but it was also because of Rachel's betrayal. He hated liars. She betrayed him. She betrayed (Y/N). The more he hears it, the more he's shocked and angered. Was Rachel really a normal human being? It explains everything.

-----

(Y/N) stared at the screen as she was also shocked after hearing the news. (Y/N) looked at Rachel, noticing she was calm like usual. Emotionless. Empty. Nothing. She came back the way she was before. Rachel knew there was no way back. (Y/N) fell speechless after hearing the bizarre murder case.

Suddenly, the news was cut off and showed a recording interview between Dr. Danny and Rachel, catching (Y/N) and Zack off guard at the same time.

"Rachel?" (Y/N) said as she saw her on the screen. Danny chuckled. "Yup, it's her. Now, hear this carefully. I promise it's interesting." (Y/N) was confused but listened to it quietly.

The interview:

"Why don't we chat in a little more depth today? It's ok. You don't need to be scared."

Danny reassured her as Rachel's emotionless face didn't change. Rachel suddenly looked up at Danny.

"Oh, you looked at me. You do have such beautiful eyes. You see, one of my eyes is artificial. I was born missing one eye. It bothered my mother terribly. It stressed her out so much... that her eyes turned very dark. In the end, I couldn't even see myself in them. But still, I love my mother. Her eyes were precious to me." Danny smiled sweetly before he asked Rachel a question.

"Do you... hate your parents?" He asked.

"No." Rachel said blankly.

"Then why did you do that to them?"