Chapter 35

(Y/N) suddenly fell limp on top of Zack as he looked at the ceiling in shock. He panted heavily as his arms fell to his side as the struggle ended. The familiar blonde head came into his sight as she looked down at him. She stood beside him as she looked down at them with a blank stare with a hint of worry.

She was holding the shoulder of the ax as she was slightly shaking in fear. Rachel had hit the back of (Y/N)'s head with the knob of the ax. Zack panicked and sat up to check if (Y/N) was still alive, holding her with one arm and the other one.

"What the hell, short ass! You killed her!"

Zack yelled as he held (Y/N) in his arms in worry and shook her to wake up.

"I didn't kill her. I knocked her out since she was trying to kill you. I hit her with the handle, not the sharp edge of the ax. I would never try to kill (Y/N) after swearing she would protect me." Rachel dropped the ax and walked towards him and kneel. "Look. Let me help you check her pulse." Rachel said to Zack as she gently grabbed his hand and placed his index and third finger on (Y/N)'s neck next to her windpipe. Zack calmed down and relaxed as he felt her pulse. (Y/N) was peacefully sleeping in his arms as blood and saliva were still stained on her lips after biting Zack.

"See? She's still alive. She just passed out and will wake up in a short time."

"Woah, I learned something new! Thanks, Ray!" Zack smiled happily in relief. Rachel nodded before she stood up.

"I'll help carry (Y/N)'s stuff while you take (Y/N). I hope (Y/N) will be ok after she wakes up."

Zack fell silent before he looked at (Y/N) with a frown. The sight of her stained tears tells him she was suffering. If only he would know sooner and help her out.

What can I do to help her?...

Zack sighed.

"Let's go, kid."

Zack said to Rachel as he stood up and placed (Y/N) over his shoulder.

"Pass me my scythe."

Rachel nodded before she lifted the handle of the scythe as the sharp blade was still on the floor. She couldn't raise the whole scythe since it was really heavy.

Rachel put on (Y/N)'s bookbag before they both walked towards the end of the tunnel. After meeting the end of the tunnel, there was a big room with cameras and a mini machine gun on the corners of the room facing the center of the room. "This is a dead-end and I suppose Cathy will meet us here," Rachel asked as she stared (Y/N) on his shoulder, noticing she was still sleeping.

"Well, we're here. Now what?" Zack said as he gently placed (Y/N) on the floor against the wall along with her backpack.

"Hi, I'm impressed you made it this far!" Cathy said in a cheery voice as she stood there in front of them behind the transparent wall which blocks them in between them. Zack growled at her in anger.

"This is the firing squad room! Just look! You three are surrounded by lots and lots of guns. With the push of a button, I can make them all fire. Isn't it amazing? It's so delightful... seeing the falling out between you and (Y/N), Zack.~" Cathy said with a sinister smile as she played with her remote whip.

"Did you finally find (Y/N)'s true self!? It must've been heart-breaking since (Y/N) kept it hiding from you! The way she couldn't control her hunger, no matter how she fights them, is just so amazing! You should've left her behind! She hid something so important from you, didn't she? She betrayed you.~" Cathy said as she stared (Y/N) who was unconscious on the ground.

"Smart and quick move to knock her out like that. She could've cut your head if she wanted to. But, it seems she was holding back on you. Maybe it wasn't enough. It wasn't supposed to come out like this. With you alive. That's no fun. I was about to show her a surprise but it seems she fell asleep.~"