Chapter 46

Rachel groaned before opening her eyes, waking up from her sleep.

"Was I... asleep for a long time?" Rachel asked as she rubbed her eyes before seeing Zack standing patiently with his scythe for Rachel to wake up. "Yeah. Ready to go now?" Zack asked.

Rachel stood up and put her black bag over her shoulder and picked up (Y/N)'s backpack. "I haven't found the elevator that goes up yet." Rachel said blankly. "So we just have to look for it, duh!"

"Actually..." Rachel said before Zack's head tilted slightly to the side in confusion.

-----

"Oh, pretty damn huge chapel. So, what happened to that priest you told me about?" Zack asked as he walked on the church floor.

"I don't know." Rachel said.

"How the hell don't you know? I can't believe he just handed you the medicine just like that."

"Well, it wasn't exactly easy." "I bet." "But, I think... he might have had a soft spot for you." Rachel said before she heard a quick shuffle from behind her. She stopped and looked behind her to see Zack crouching down on the floor puking rainbows... again.

"Don't puke anymore, okay?" Rachel said as she kept walking forward, not wanting to see his vomit of rainbows.

"Shut up! Quit saying gross shit like that!" Zack scolded her as he chased her after he finished vomiting.

"You know, you could've least be less-"

Zack was suddenly interrupted as Rachel pointed towards another path from the open door.

"Huh?" Zack muttered in confusion before they both walked towards the other path of the chapel. "Damn, this is one weird building." "I agree."

"Right?" Zack said before they walked through the halls in silence before seeing an elevator in front of them. "Now, how do we get this thing to move?" Zack asked as Rachel noticed a triangular button beside the elevator. "Looks like we use this." Rachel said before pressing the button until the elevator's door opened.

"All right, let's go," Zack said before both of them walked into the elevator.

"Hey, Zack. Can I ask you something?" Rachel asked as the elevator arose. "Why the hell would you ask for permission to ask? I won't know until I hear the question."

"Right..." "So, what is it?"

"How did you get those burns?"

"Why the hell do you wanna know that?" Zack asked. "No reason. I'm just curious. I was thinking it might be nice to learn more about you."

Zack groaned in annoyance before he replied. "It's not an interesting story or anything." "That's okay. It doesn't have to be interesting." Zack hesitated before scratching behind his head. "When I was a kid, the guy in the house where I lived set me on fire."

"A guy? Fire? Why?" Rachel asked, earning a chuckle from him.

"I don't remember it too well, but he was at the house so... I guess he is the guy who used to bang my mom." Zack smiled. "The whole thing was kind of a blur after that but I'm pretty sure I bit a big chunk out of him or something. He was probably trying to kill me but he didn't know how stubborn of a punk I was."

"So, what happened then?"

"My whore of a mom wrapped me around like a damn mummy and sold me to a shady ass orphanage. That's pretty much it. Are you satisfied now?" Zack said as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"No, not particularly. But now, I know where you got all your burns now. And that kind of makes me happy."

"That's your only question?" Zack asked as the elevator was close to reaching the next floor. Rachel nodded. "So, you're good. Glad I could help out." Zack said as he looked away from her with a stern look.