Chapter 40

"Y-You're lying, right?" (Y/N) said as he looked at Danny in shock.

"I would never lie to you. I already told you that your aunt and I worked together so she told me everything about you. The chemicals and substances that are inserted in your body and everything about your abilities."

(Y/N) fell speechless before she thought for a moment. "If I became human, you won't get my eyes anymore."

"I know that very well. But the eyes aren't what I want anymore. I've realized that I have fallen for you ever since I saw you. The first conversation I had with you, my heart fluttered when you spoke to me. I was grateful for you letting me leave with my life since we were in the woods where no one could've saved me if you were killing me. You're beautiful even with blood on you. You are not even bothered in the slightest by it and yet you still chase after your blood-lust and satisfy yourself by taking their lives."

"You're sick." (Y/N) said since the idea of someone else falling for her disgusted her. She only wanted Zack, no one else. "It's ok though. No person falls in love with another if they just started to know each other well. You need time, right? I'll give time."

(Y/N) breathed heavily in panic at the thought she had to be captive again by someone she hated.

"... What if I want to be free? What would happen then?"

"I'm sure you wouldn't want that. I would have to kill Zack and take Rachel to myself and you be free from the building. Besides, I know the exit of the building and you'll be free and escape by yourself." He smiled with his eyes closed.

(Y/N)'s eyes widen in realization. "Where's Zack? What did you do to him!?" "He's right in the next room. I have him tied up right now. I could end him if I wanted to but I want you to decide what I offer. You thought my offer was gonna get easy for you, didn't you? You have no choice but to stay with me since you care a lot for Zack and Rachel. You wouldn't want anything bad happening to them, don't you!?" Danny laughed at her as he backed away from her and held his stomach. (Y/N) looked down in despair as she breathed heavily. She couldn't believe it after all the hard work they've done to try and escape. Her dream to be with Zack once they escape has been crushed.

She won't be able to see Zack anymore nor Rachel. She swore she would protect her. What if they ended up somewhere they shouldn't be? She tried to think and relax since Rachel was smart enough to survive with Zack. She trusted Rachel to look after Zack.

"... Alright, you win. I'm only doing this for their sake, you maniac." (Y/N) said with a worried look.

"Then it settles it! I'll inject you with something so don't try to resist, alright?" Danny smiled as he ruffled her hair, making her frustrated.

"I should have killed when I had the chance." (Y/N) muttered as she glared up at him, earning the same sweet smile. Danny walked away without saying another word and chuckled. "I can tell you and you are gonna have lots of fun from now on."

-----

"Zack!" Rachel ran towards Zack, who was walking weakly away with his scythe dragging against the floor. Zack turned back in confusion. "Huh?" "There's a giant snake!" She yelled as she pulled his sleeve to run away.

"We have to run! Look, it's right there! We have to run!!" She kept pulling him forward as he groaned in pain.

"Zack, hurry-"

"Just shut up already, would you!?" Zack yelled as he pushed her away, making her fall backward on the floor. Rachel looked around in surprise before looking at Zack.

"Huh?" She said in confusion and shock.

"Don't 'Huh?' me!" Zack demanded in annoyance.

"The giant snake-" "There's no giant snake, stupid girl. Have you gone crazy or something? You're freaking me out. You really can't handle anything by yourself, can you?" Zack said as he glared at her.