Chapter 30 | Let go

Start from the beginning

Coffee.

"Why am I here?"

Jungkook suddenly turns his back, looking at me in shock.

"Are you up?"

He places the container on the counter, walks to me, and holds my hand. I don't move.

"Answer me, first!" I yell.

"Chill, let's talk there," he said pointing at the hallway, still holding my hand.

I jerk my arm aggressively, leaving Jungkook staring at me in awe.

Enough with his compassion.

"I am all alone at your house at this hour and you are telling me to calm down?"

He doesn't move.

"My clothes? How dare you?"

He eyes me from tip to toe.

"And why am I at your house and not mine? HOW DARE-"

His finger cuts me in-between, lying in the center of my lips.

"Talk lightly. You are not well."

His words are making me angry. He is doing all of it again. I shove off his finger, holding it tightly with my hand. "Enough!"

He is looking at his gripped finger now that could break anytime from the pressure. "I am leaving!"

As I move, he grips my wrist.

"You are SICK!" he screams.

"Why do you care?" I shot back.

He is silent.

I knew.

I step forward, jerking my arm from his grip, but he doesn't leave it this time.

"You'll come back." Jungkook almost whispers, his eyes stuck on mine; dark, big, and sympathetic. "Don't ever give me this look again, Jungkook."

I jerk my arm yet again, even though it hurts to even move it. I ran out of the door, and to the elevator.

As the elevator opened, Yoongi's face appeared. He is on his phone, but his eyes were on me already.

Jungkook told him.

It was quite cold, and I was wearing nothing over the sleeping suit, with my feet in the carpet shoes. I cannot take the bus.

"Yoongi..,"

"No, I won't give you the lift. Stay here."

"Yoongi, please."

"I said no."

I feel sick again. Knots were forming in my stomach, and the cold gave me shivers. I sat down on the ground, without another thought. As soon as I did, Yoongi ran to the front. He takes off his coat and places it over me, and helps me get up.

"Okay, okay. Let's go."

I sit on the sofa in the waiting room, as he brings the car from the parking lot. I get up before he gets out of the car.

****************

"I am sorry," I cried, my voice breaking.

Yoongi eyes me.

"I made such a fuss today. It happened so quickly-"

"You came home today, it was two days ago."

I stare at him in disbelief.

I was at Jungkook's for two freaking days???

"Your oxygen level was below 50. If it had been another moment, we would have been planning your funeral." He said, slowly turning the steering. "Don't ever do that again!" Yoongi says, his voice numb.

"It's not in my hand, Yoongi."

He doesn't say anything. Silence avails.

"Why was I at Jungkook's?" I inquired.

No reply.

Right, let's ask random things.

"Did you manage another makeup artist for Jungkook that day?"

"For what?" he says, looking in his rear mirror.

"Interview."

"He never gave it."

"Yoongi, no time for kidding. Did you find a replacement?"

"He was with you at the hospital the whole two days."

My eyes stared at Yoongi, to an extent that they would come out.

"Hos..pi..tal?"

"Yes, you were under observation. He took you to his place then, so that he can look after you. We know none of your contacts here; I don't think you have any?"

"My father! I call him every day!" The sudden thought of him made me panic.

"Jin came up with a plan and told him that you were shooting somewhere. The signals were not good there," he assures.

I became calm, but my mind was boggling. He gives up his interview for me?

"Who picked me up when I fainted?"

"Do I still need to tell?" replies Yoongi, staring at me.

No. No. No.

"Stop the car!" I shout.

"What?"

"Turn back to Jungkook's."

"But-"

"TURN!"

I left Yoongi speechless, the first-ever victory. He does as I said. He drives back to Jungkook's in silence.

I will get my answer today.