27. A question

Song: We are family by Sister Sledge

"I just want to be the person you can bring anything to." Nate Archibald Gossip Girl 

***

I quickly call Blair once he leaves. "What?" She says once she answers.

"Hey Blair,"

"What do you want?" She asks sounding irritated.

"Nothing just wanted to say hi,"

"You did not just make me stop talking to the hottest guy ever, just to say hi," She says to which I chuckle.

"It's not funny," she says causing me to giggle some more.

"If you are just going to keep laughing I'm going to disconnect," She says to which I immediately stop laughing.

"No, don't. I promise I have important stuff to discuss," I say settling down. "I wanted to ask you something," I say.

"Yah no," She quickly replies.

"What?"

"Whatever your question is, the answer is NO. No, I can't do it, I can't give it to you, I won't, I can't, I will never, forget it. Does that answer your question?" She asks to which I chuckle.

"Dude I don't need anything from you!" I state flabbergasted.

"Oh, then we're done here," she says and disconnects the call to which I stare speechless at the phone screen and shake my head and proceed to dial Luther.

"Hey you!" He answers on the first ring, unlike Blair.

"Why is Blair my sister and not you?"

"Because I'm a dude?" he replies to which I chuckle.

"I'm glad that got you laughing, cos I'm guessing she hung up on you again didn't she?"

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"Seriously?" He replies to which I chuckle. He knew because each time Blair hung up on me, I called him next.

"I told you to just call me instead of Blair whenever you need to talk," he says.

"I know, but I can't help calling her first. It's instinctual, plus she's not always cranky," I say to which he chuckles. "If you say so," he says to which we both chuckle, "So what's up?" he asks.

I brief him on everything that had occurred with Helix and Steven. What follows once I'm done is silence.

"Hello? Are you still there?" I ask.

"I'm just gathering my thoughts together. I mean you just told me about being kissed by a guy who doesn't take relationships seriously, seeing him kiss someone else and then finding out he is a bully. I need a minute to get myself together, so I don't come over there and drag you back home or punch him in the face,"

"Luther!" I exclaim.

"You told me, you can't blame me for however I react to the information you provide," he says to which I exhale. I must have been crazy telling Luther everything. This was why I called Blair, but Blair was not in the mood for me today, as she usually wasn't...

I sigh. "Don't sigh, now I feel guilty. Okay, so what do you want from me? What was the point of telling me this?" he asks.

"I don't know," I say realizing I truly didn't know. I just wanted to speak to someone close to me as I was agitated.

"How about this, did you just want a listening ear or are you open to opinions?"

"I'm not sure," I reply honestly.